Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - IPAQ Rz 1710 & Tom Tom Navigator HP Edition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

IPAQ Rz 1710 & Tom Tom Navigator HP Edition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: IPAQ Rz 1710 & Tom Tom Navigator HP Edition Reply with quote

Hi everyone out there. I am new to PDA & GPS but have just purchased the above GPS kit. I have tested the gps system locally and found a couple of mapping errors, which disappoint me slightly.

I read about people having Tom Tom 1, 2 3 etc I am unsure of which version of Tom Tom my system is running and would like some help to identify the version and where I can get map updates. I have read that it is the same version as the Tom Tom Go!

In preferences the App Version is 4.440 (3230)
GPS driver v1.20
Map:Great Britain Map v390

I would be grateful for any help. Confused
goldoni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: IPAQ Rz 1710 & Tom Tom Navigator HP Edition Reply with quote

snooper wrote:
Hi everyone out there. I am new to PDA & GPS but have just purchased the above GPS kit. I have tested the gps system locally and found a couple of mapping errors, which disappoint me slightly.

I read about people having Tom Tom 1, 2 3 etc I am unsure of which version of Tom Tom my system is running and would like some help to identify the version and where I can get map updates. I have read that it is the same version as the Tom Tom Go!

In preferences the App Version is 4.440 (3230)
GPS driver v1.20
Map:Great Britain Map v390

I would be grateful for any help. Confused

The IPAQ Rz 1710 is a new product and has the latest maps available. Tomtom recommend you register on their web site to be notified of map updates when available.

Apparently the software is ver 4 specificity written for IPAQ Rz 1710, this I was told when I contacted Tomtom Tech support, I was also told this version of software did not show miles per hour, but on turning it to landscape it clearly does have this info. Confused I was, but hey that’s Tech support for you.

So I am glad I found this forum. :D

IPAQ Rz 1710
Tomtom version is 5.000 (4890)
GPS driver v1.2
Map:GB Map v562
THIS POST WAS CREATED USING 100% RECYCLED ELECTRONS!!!
snooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies :D
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have Navigator 2004 HP Edition. This software is only available in a bundle with some HP iPAQs in Europe, though it is also used in the Navigator 2004 USA product for the Pocket PC.

This software is the first product using TomTom's "common platform" software on the Pocket PC. The maps supplied are more up to date than those supplied with Navigator 3. Navigator 2004 HP Edition is very similar to TomTom Go in terms of the software features. The maps are those supplied with Go.

goldoni refers to one quirk of Navigator 2004 HP Edition - the speed only appears on the screen in landscape mode, or if you run the software on a VGA Pocket PC such as an iPAQ hx4700 (it looks very nice on the high resolution hx4700 screen!). The speed does not appear on a Quarter VGA Pocket PC such as an iPAQ rz1710 in portrait mode.

I believe Navigator 2004 HP Edition is being brought out in a bundle with one of the new hx2000 series Pocket PCs, which are more upmarket than the rz1710 - but the software remains available only when bundled with a new iPAQ in Europe.

Be aware that add-on software aimed at TomTom Navigator 3 does not work on Navigator 2004 HP Edition - see here for details of that.

David
snooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DavidW :D

Do you think Tom Tom will provide updates for this bundle. I just hope I have not purchased something that the company will not update. I am not interested in the speed camera POI as I have a Snooper S4 fitted. However I would be interested in any other things that could be used on TT4.

P.S Do you know of any good car vent cradles Question

I really appreciate all the help people have given in this forum my confidence is growing daily.

Thanks once again
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this stage, it's impossible to know TomTom's plans, but I would be very surprised if they didn't allow users of the HP Edition to upgrade to future versions of TomTom Navigator on the Pocket PC. It has been a heavily promoted product, in a high profile tie-up with HP.

David
mishavtr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Updates RZ1710 Version 4 to 5??? Reply with quote

Currently have an RZ1710 with version 4.400 (2850)
Does anyone know if we will be able to update to version 5? Tried running version 3 (which just about fit into to the 32MB memory on the Ipaq) but went back to 4.400 as didnt give distances to POIs (couldnt set up warnings).
Will v5 fit onto an rz1710 or are we going to be stuck with the one version that came with it (nothing on the TT site about updating 4.4xx only 2 or 3 which is worrying.
I cant afford to buy a new pda just to get the new multi-point itinerary planning (which is the only real feature missing from 4.4xx)

Please reply if anyone has any info.

Cheers
Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Updates RZ1710 Version 4 to 5??? Reply with quote

mishavtr wrote:
Currently have an RZ1710 with version 4.400 (2850)
Does anyone know if we will be able to update to version 5? Tried running version 3 (which just about fit into to the 32MB memory on the Ipaq) but went back to 4.400 as didnt give distances to POIs (couldnt set up warnings).
Will v5 fit onto an rz1710 or are we going to be stuck with the one version that came with it (nothing on the TT site about updating 4.4xx only 2 or 3 which is worrying.
I cant afford to buy a new pda just to get the new multi-point itinerary planning (which is the only real feature missing from 4.4xx)

Please reply if anyone has any info.

Cheers
Mike

You will be eligible for the V5 upgrade and it will install fine.
mishavtr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Upgrade Cost? Reply with quote

Does anyone know how much it will cost to upgrade to version 5?
snooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get a free upgrade to Version 5 in May. I am informed.

Snooper

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: