Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XDAIIs/MDAIII/M2000 Bespoke Car GPS Mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XDAIIs/MDAIII/M2000 Bespoke Car GPS Mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
langers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: XDAIIs/MDAIII/M2000 Bespoke Car GPS Mount Reply with quote

Peeps
I have been waiting for ages for a bespoke car kit for a wired TomTom GPS receiver to come out for my spv m2000 and I have finally found one at PDAMODS. It looks like the original TomTom kit, but I am told it isn't exactly the same. I had been waiting for Seidio to bring their G2500 mount out for this device, but it seems to be taking a while. Nevertheless I got my new mount on Saturday and it works perfectly! :D The phone slots in neatly and the suction mount is good. Hope this helps some of you.
Cheers
Langers
aiguille
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Delicate mount Reply with quote

I bought the same one from PDAMods http://www.pdamods.com/products.asp?cat=23 and it arrived Saturday and fitted it in the car. Seemed good! Sunday, I thought it would be better in a different place. As I detached it, the link between the sucker and the mount snapped - I'd eased it off gently!

A new one arrived this morning from PDAMods, but I'm not impressed with a mount that states on the website as "Easy to fit and remove"

I hope the new arm is not so delicate - Hopefully yours is still working fine!!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carcomm had a very nice m2000 cradle on show at CeBIT. I use an XDAII version and love it. They also had a full handsfree carkit version.

See a pic of mine here.

The cradle attaches either permanently or using a Clip (I used a Brodit ProClip). On the end of the fly lead is a cigarette lighter plug which can be cut off for hard wiring as the 12v - 5v circuitry is in the cradle itself. In addition is a PS/2 serial connection for a GPS Mouse and they sell a rnage of adapters for the common types e.g. RJ11, haicom etc etc. TotalPDA are the UK re-seller for Carcomm products.
langers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Delicate mount Reply with quote

aiguille wrote:
I bought the same one from PDAMods http://www.pdamods.com/products.asp?cat=23 and it arrived Saturday and fitted it in the car. Seemed good! Sunday, I thought it would be better in a different place. As I detached it, the link between the sucker and the mount snapped - I'd eased it off gently!

A new one arrived this morning from PDAMods, but I'm not impressed with a mount that states on the website as "Easy to fit and remove"

I hope the new arm is not so delicate - Hopefully yours is still working fine!!

Mine has been ok, however I have not tried moving it yet so I will take your experience into account if I do! The only thing I have noticed is that the phone has been a tad loose in the cradle, so I attached a couple of sticky-back thin felt pads (from hombase) at the back of the cradle, which seems to have done the job perfectly!! I think a bit of movement is fairly common for most cradles. I hope you have better luck with your new arm!
Johnyb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recieved the TomTom mount for my Qtek9090 from pdamods, however I am very dissapointed.

(1) The unit when powered gives off a burning smell (pdamods say this does happen on new kit, but not sure about this!)
(2) The pda wobles about a little which it should not, never did on my brodit mouints
(3) Short power cable length
(4) Short reach of cig lighter connection, will not power from my mondeo cig lighter socket directly
(5) It also seems like the power supply within the mount causes interference noise to be present on the PDA. This should not be the case

All in all, not really happy. Has anybody else expereinced the same problems? I have asked to return the unit, may look at the carcomm.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: