Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 3.07 and TomTomGo Maps, they work together.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 3.07 and TomTomGo Maps, they work together.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gpssparky wrote:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10445&highlight=

The poster was speedcam not speedcamera
Ah! Thanks, appreciated.
hogbreath
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobmorris

Thanks for the response & message understood - it's been an interesting exercise for me, and of course I have now ditched the "Go" copy Smile

For some time I thought it would be a good idea to have a backup of tt3 running just in case my CF card stopped working. The obvious solution was the sd slot that has remained unused until now - having a 128mb sd in my camera seemed a good time to play.....

I'm no expert and this description is my best guess at what I believe happens:-
There are two main registry entries that have to be amended to point to the SD Card, once these are changed you are then able to select which Great_Britian Navigator Map source to load from, i.e. CF or SD card - this is achieved because of the “LastMap” registry entry that remembers where it last loaded from and effectively toggles between the two different memory card locations.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>TomTom>TomTom Navigator>Maps
Value Name:- Great_Britian
Value Data:- \SD Card\Great_Britian Navigator Map
Value Name:- LastMap
Value Data:- Great_Britian
Value Name:- Major_Roads_Of_Europe
Value Data:- \CF Card\Major_Roads_Of_Europe Navigator Map\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Apps>Great_Britian Navigator Map
Value Name:- InstalDir
Value Name:- InstlDir

There is just one problem, because I also have Major_Roads_Of_Europe also loaded on CF card, if I were to load this having previously loaded from Great_Britian CF card - the LastMap entry then gets confused as it's lost the SD card tag and prevents tt loading. The fix is to always switch maps from the SD card, alternatively it's a quick jump into the registry to fix things. Either way I don't have the requirement to load Europe maps that often and am now able to run GB Maps from either memory source!

Every body’s setup must be slightly different, mine is based on Lutz's article of loading tt3 out of main memory onto a CF card as this really did make a big difference in terms of speed and reliability.

I'd strongly advise you to have made a backup copy of your current setup, and to make sure it's a working one as the standard Sprite Backup software as supplied with my 2210 didn't work until it was upgraded for a small $ fee, so if it all goes pig sick you can recover. You'll also need a registry editor as most of us have who've been using tt for any time!

I've been running for a day or two on this setup, nav'd home from work approx 18 miles with no problems.

Pete Wink

tt v3.01(409)/gps v2.07/Viking CF 256mb + Viking SD 128mb
CheckPOint v2.02
Socket BT gps
Spb Pocket Plus v2.1 Build 1545
Fugawi PPC v1.5
PHM Registry Editor v0.70
Pocket Mechanic v1.49
Sprite Backup v3.01 Build 1676
gpssparky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I naved 80 miles on Wednesday and over 300 miles yeaterday with no issues on the GO maps setup that I no longer have installed.

-----------
Tomtom Go 540 Live - That's it.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder - you are certainly not entitled to use Go maps on your Pocket PC unless you own both the Go and the copy of TomTom Navigator 3 on the Pocket PC. If you do own both, I suggest you read the various licence agreements carefully.

Hopefully before long TomTom will announce upgrades to the various products, making all this map version stuff obsolete. If recent history is anything to go by, the announcements will likely come at CeBIT next month.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: