Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion MD95025
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion MD95025

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
staib
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Medion MD95025 Reply with quote

Hi - I'm new to this forum, but have been reading it (and the French GpsPasSion forum) with great interest...

Quick question!

Does anyone know what the difference is (apart from an extra £50) between the current Medion MD95025 and the very similar looking item from Halfords - (Medion PNA 100)

As far as I can see the only real difference is newer MS software running on Medion's MD95025 or am I missing something more significant?

Any advice appreciated - many thanks - LINKS below.

Nick

MEDION
HALFORDS
crankyman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nick,

Looks like the Medion version is also a pocket PC, whereas the Halfords version doesn't give access to the operating system and so is not configured to use Pocket Word, Excel and all the other pocket PC stuff.
Unless the Halfords description is incomplete?

Anyone else know better?

Jon.
philip4242
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to disagree with you both, but the 2 units look identical to me - they're even showing exactly the same area around Trafalgar Square and Whitehall on the maps !

Also, the prices seem almost identical - There's 99p difference - not £50 !

I haven't compared the delivery charges, though - Perhaps that's where the £50 price difference comes from !

As for 'newer MS software' - Both adverts refer to the same versions, as far as I can see; but the Halford's ad just doesn't refer to ALL the standard applications bundled with the operating system.

Basically, the Halford's unit IS a PDA, so will come with all the operating system and applications appropriate.

So Medion are marketing this as a PDA with inbuilt GPS facilities; Halfords are marketing the same thing as a GPS, with only a passing reference to it being a PDA.

Philip
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, in full agreement there, they are the exact same item for nearly the exact same price!
staib
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the very prompt feedback, but 8O Embarassed Embarassed Trust me guys, the last time I checked the price (just yesterday) the Medionshop version WAS £399 - but pleased to see they have dropped it... makes the choice between the two a little easier. 8) This seems a pretty decent unit to get to grips with... might just be back with a more challenging question next time Laughing

Nick

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: