Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Seidio G2500 for Dell X50
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Seidio G2500 for Dell X50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBKB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Seidio G2500 for Dell X50 Reply with quote

I am thinking to get Seidio G2500 for Dell X50. Below is the thread from aximsite.com.

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=66105

Looks very good. but can anyone here who actually uses it give the feedbacks or comments ?
rentech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my G2500 BT for my X50v yesterday so only limited use so far :D . First impressions seem very good. The supplied windscreen mount seems sturdy enough although at the moment I'm using the air vent mount. Have it mounted by the drivers door. This allows me to trail the power lead over the back of the steering column and into the cigarette lighter (for my car anyway).

The mount itself seems well made. Not owned others so can't really compare. All looks very neat once installed. With the dell you need to use the supplied audio cable from the headphone jack to the cradle. This is a bit of a pain if your in and out of your car frequently. Once attached the speaker volume is very good and can easily be heard even if you have the radio/cd playing.

Ordered mine from Seidio Europe and it arrived within 4 days
KBKB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rentech wrote:
Received my G2500 BT for my X50v yesterday so only limited use so far :D . First impressions seem very good. The supplied windscreen mount seems sturdy enough although at the moment I'm using the air vent mount. Have it mounted by the drivers door. This allows me to trail the power lead over the back of the steering column and into the cigarette lighter (for my car anyway).

The mount itself seems well made. Not owned others so can't really compare. All looks very neat once installed. With the dell you need to use the supplied audio cable from the headphone jack to the cradle. This is a bit of a pain if your in and out of your car frequently. Once attached the speaker volume is very good and can easily be heard even if you have the radio/cd playing.

Ordered mine from Seidio Europe and it arrived within 4 days

HI,

Thank you very much for the feedbacks.

More questions,

1) How is the charging capabilities? Dell X50 uses extremely high power, can Seidio G2500 provide enough power to meet the demand at differnt levels? Many aftermarket car chargers and travel chargers can not handle the demand.

2) How about volume control ? I have an old Seidio G2500 for Ipaq 2210, the volume control is not vey smooth. (I purchased it in august, 2004)

3) Any noise or static from the amplified speaker ? How is the sound quality ?

4) The shipping cost - Is it high ? You received G2500 in 4 days after you placed the order, Did you use air mail or DHL ? On Seidio site, it says it has lowered the shipping costs. Is it reasonable ?

5) Did you order the bluetooth charging cable ?

Sorry to ask so many question, Thank you in advance.
rentech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really had time to 'stress' test it yet. I've only played around whilst parked on the drive and then been on a ten minute round trip to try it out :D .

Have read other posts stating that the charger will not be able to charge both the dell and the receiver unless brightness is set low, but again, have not tried this yet, sorry Sad . Didn't order the BT charging cable.

The sound quality on my quick test seemed fine without interference. I had the dell volume set to max and my tomtom setting volume set to max then adjusted the G2500. Some distortion was noticeable at the highest volume but to be honest this was a bit too loud.

Delivery charge was $14.62 to the UK. That was the cheapest one they did, no tracking etc. Total cost was $108.37. There was a $5 dollar discount code somewhere on this forum but I missed out on that. Think you had to use it by the 11th January.
rentech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add, used the windscreen mount today. Vibrates quite a bit if you leave the cradle in mid air. Need to adjust it so that it is just resting on the dash, then it's fine Smile .
KBKB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rentech wrote:
Just to add, used the windscreen mount today. Vibrates quite a bit if you leave the cradle in mid air. Need to adjust it so that it is just resting on the dash, then it's fine Smile .

Hi Rentech,

Thank you so much for the feedbacks.

I and a lot of readers are anxiously waiting for your review. I will hold my purchase until you have a few days to use it.

Thanks
KBKB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBKB wrote:
rentech wrote:

Hi Rentech,

Thank you so much for the feedbacks.

I and a lot of readers are anxiously waiting for your review. I will hold my purchase until you have a few days to use it.

Thanks

Hi,

Any update ?

Thanks
rentech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I have not had use of my normal vehicle this week. Have had to use the work’s van. Had the unit set up in it for a few days and all worked fine. The only potential problem I can see at the moment is that my normal car has quite a large windscreen meaning that where it meets the dashboard is quite far away from the driving position. I think the length of the windscreen mount might be a problem in this instance. Looks like I will need to mount it fairly low down so as not to obscure the forward view. In turn, this may mean that the PDA is a little bit too far away.

After using the windscreen mount in the work’s van I think I will probably prefer this (if I can find a suitable position in my car) to the vent mount. After a bit of use the vent mount seems a bit loose and wobbly compared to the screen mount, especially when loading/unloading the pda into the cradle. Also found that the vent mount will not fit my central air vents. It fits the side vents but in this position the veiw of the pda is obscured by my hands on the steering wheel so possibly not that universal Sad .

On another note found the 360 degree mount very useful the other day. Was stuck in a traffic jam, completely stationary, so just turned it 90 degrees and watched an episode of South Park until the traffic cleared Smile .
CLIFFH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have found that Arkon also do a powered mount for the X50.

They do 3 models infact with different ways of mouting etc.

Have ordered one for £33.50

Will let you know the results.

Arkon model numbers are
CM595
CM596
CM597
KBKB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLIFFH wrote:
Have found that Arkon also do a powered mount for the X50.

They do 3 models infact with different ways of mouting etc.

Have ordered one for £33.50

Will let you know the results.

Arkon model numbers are
CM595
CM596
CM597

Hi,

1) I want to use my wired receiver, can they do that ?
2) How is the charging ? Can their mount provide enough power to support all the functions running at the same time like Seidio mount can ?
3) Is the mount model specific or I have to squeeze the clamps each time.

I am looking for a model sepecific mount, easily slide X50 in and out.

Please let me know so I can decide which one to go.
KBKB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rentech wrote:
Unfortunately, I have not had use of my normal vehicle this week. Have had to use the work’s van. Had the unit set up in it for a few days and all worked fine. The only potential problem I can see at the moment is that my normal car has quite a large windscreen meaning that where it meets the dashboard is quite far away from the driving position. I think the length of the windscreen mount might be a problem in this instance. Looks like I will need to mount it fairly low down so as not to obscure the forward view. In turn, this may mean that the PDA is a little bit too far away.

After using the windscreen mount in the work’s van I think I will probably prefer this (if I can find a suitable position in my car) to the vent mount. After a bit of use the vent mount seems a bit loose and wobbly compared to the screen mount, especially when loading/unloading the pda into the cradle. Also found that the vent mount will not fit my central air vents. It fits the side vents but in this position the veiw of the pda is obscured by my hands on the steering wheel so possibly not that universal Sad .

On another note found the 360 degree mount very useful the other day. Was stuck in a traffic jam, completely stationary, so just turned it 90 degrees and watched an episode of South Park until the traffic cleared Smile .

I am only interested in Seidio mount. It is model specific and I do not want to deal with so many cables Arkon mount offers. I want to use my wired receiver and Arkon mount can not offer.

Rentech, more updates ? I am ready to place my order with Seidio this weekend.

Thanks so much
inspecta
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBKB,
Will you let us know what you think of it when it turns up please?

thanks.
nigelw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBKB wrote:

I am only interested in Seidio mount. It is model specific and I do not want to deal with so many cables Arkon mount offers. I want to use my wired receiver and Arkon mount can not offer.

Rentech, more updates ? I am ready to place my order with Seidio this weekend.

Thanks so much

Did you order from Seidio website yet?

If not, globalpositioningsystems are now selling this for the X50.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: