Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT-318 and ipaq h2210 gps problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT-318 and ipaq h2210 gps problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlestevie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: BT-318 and ipaq h2210 gps problem Reply with quote

Bt-318 connects no problem via bluetooth, however I am unable to get any satellite data, either using GPSinfo program or TomTom GPS.

I've tried various ports and combinations of devices on the TomTom software ie:TomTom wireless GPS and NMEA 0183v2 to no avail.

The GPS device shows flashing green light indicating its receiving sat data and the blue light flashes quickly indicating bluetooth connection.

Any help would be much appreciated as I have been trying to sort this for hours!!!
Cheers Steve Crying or Very sad
Jorggos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the exact same problem with my BT 318.
On a forum here over in Holland I read about a possible sollution.

Try running the battery dead (should take you at least 15 hours) and then try to reconnect. Worked over here, I'm trying it at this time.

Hopes it works,

Jorgos
Ice_Cool
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Any luck yet with the BT318 GPS issue ? Reply with quote

I got the same problem - so keen to know if you found a solution ?
ThestiX
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have the same problem

im using the bt-308 and ipaq 5455, i read about killing the battery too so i'm trying that this weekend, something about ressiting the baud rate back to 38400..

i must admit i fiddled with the programmes alot and might have confused all the settings so starting from scratch may be whats needed

any advice would be helpful but its reassuring to know that the 3 are compatible, i.e the bt-308 tomtom and ipaq

fingers crossed eh
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a HP iPAQ 2210 and a 318 GPS. I am currently using it with Memory Map OS 1:50,000 and A-Z Street Maps. I get a bluetooth connection OK and whilst I get no information showing in GPS Info I do get satellite fix info and the route tracking etc in Memory Map.

I live in Cambridgeshire and went down to Somerset last weekend and used the GPS to track the route in the car down and back and all the time I was in Somerset with no problems at all. The 318 is located out of site in the luggage area of my A3 powered from a 12v socket in the luggage area. The 2210 is current placed in a dash mounted cup holder and powered from the 12v socket but I am having a hard wired Brodit mount fitted tomorrow.

The settings being used for the GPS are NMEA 0183,RMC - port= COM8:Bluetooth Serial port and the Baud rate is 38400.

David R
stevieg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did any of you guys eventually manage to get this to work?? E.g by running battery dead?

If so ... help! :x

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: