Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Update please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Update please
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Update please Reply with quote

Has anyone got an update of when this will be available? I understand we are waiting for the shopping cart facility to be added to the iTIS website.

We have not had any official communication from ALK regarding the delay in releasing this feature, and would appreciate some clarification on what is happening and if this is going to be released at all.

However since this function was one of my main reasons for purchasing this product I am not very impressed with the level of communication coming out of ALK, and they may be in the process of loosing one of their customers. I am considering going back to TomTom.
Paul-Southampton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Traffic - should we hold our breath? Reply with quote

Hi,

I bought the version 4 of CoPilot because of the pomised traffic functionality when it was first launched - this never happenned and in the end alk admitted it was never going to be live on that version.

Current situation seems the same on version 5 - I am currently holding off upgrading to V5 because of previos performance. Information coming out of alk on the new traffic is as bad as before.

CoPilot is basically an excellant product, I am giving it another couple of weeks before I ditch CoPilot totally and go to another system, the roads are mad and I need traffic, I don't really want my old trafficmaster for another 12 months even though it does work.

PLEASE PLEASE ALK TELL US WHAT IS HAPPENING AND WHEN WE CAN REALLY EXPECT TRAFFIC - and yes I know I am shouting!

Paul
pauleley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Traffic - should we hold our breath? Reply with quote

Good on you Paul-Southampton for shouting, I will be more than shouting if it's not on soon.

Paul-Southampton wrote:
Hi,

I bought the version 4 of CoPilot because of the pomised traffic functionality when it was first launched - this never happenned and in the end alk admitted it was never going to be live on that version.

Current situation seems the same on version 5 - I am currently holding off upgrading to V5 because of previos performance. Information coming out of alk on the new traffic is as bad as before.

CoPilot is basically an excellant product, I am giving it another couple of weeks before I ditch CoPilot totally and go to another system, the roads are mad and I need traffic, I don't really want my old trafficmaster for another 12 months even though it does work.

PLEASE PLEASE ALK TELL US WHAT IS HAPPENING AND WHEN WE CAN REALLY EXPECT TRAFFIC - and yes I know I am shouting!

Paul
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no good shouting here, ask ALK by constantly phoning them. Chase them!

The last response I have is that it's "soon" still with no physical date in sight, so that could be tomorrow, next week, next month or next year, depending on how soon is interpreted.
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.

I spoke to ALK tech support yesterday about another subject but while thay were helping me out I mentioned the traffic option.

The answer was that it would be released but he could not tell me when.
NigelL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoken to ALK in the UK (Shock! - Horror!)

Mind you, thats where the good new ends...

The tech support guy I spoke to was unable to say when a UK localized version of 5.0.1.48 would become available. He was only able to say that it was in software testing at the moment (as is the Live Traffic component) and that no date for release can be given.

<sigh>
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word about the traffic add-on yet? I see ALK are trumpeting it in their Press Releases but it seems to have been vapourware for some time now. Evil or Very Mad
Will
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Any news? Reply with quote

Any news about this yet? I bought CoPilot with this traffic feature in mind - could have really used it in the past few weeks........Sad
AndyG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought version 4 based on this soon to be released technolgy. That was a couple of years ago
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased version 5 last in replacement to TOMTOM based on this technology being available soon.

Not only does it have a number of bugs in the software this feature still has not been released so I have now gone back to TOMTOM. I will not be paying/sending any more money towards ALK in the future.
CrashBiker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly, the fix list for the 5.0.1.48 patch includes:

"Updated Traffic information "

Perhaps there is hope.

Cheers

Crash
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.48 as I understand it has been shipped out to beta testers. It's available in the US and will be made available on the EU site soon. Currently the US manage the EU site, and this sometimes results in the EU site not being updated as and when it should to co-incide with new releases. This will change in the future.
jdw7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does .48 include real time traffic or is it still 'coming soon' ?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on whether Traffic is 'switched on' on your account. Traffic has been in a very long beta. Partly the reason behind this is trying several different data systems. ITIS data has always been available, but as some will know from listening on the radio and having the [TP] option and having traffic kick in over the radio, that a lot of times when this happens and traffic problems are announced you can usually find yourself either sitting in the traffic jam, or you continue to take the road even though it's been announced it's closed, and yet there's no congestion on the road.

Some people love traffic and some people don't depending on when they hit a particular incident. Traffic has been a long time coming and I can guarantee that you'll see something in a few months for sure, but we're just trying to make sure that everyone get the best traffic system available. It's going to be at a user cost, so it's no good if you think the data quality is poor, so that's why we have been taking time over traffic and why it hasn't been released to the public realm as of yet.
LostBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my PC 5 last October as an upgrade from 3.5 specifically for the traffic option 8O

I will be investigating via trading standards whether I am entitled to a refund given the product doesn't do what its advertised to, or even what it says on the back of the box. Evil or Very Mad I quote "Live communications inclue location tracking, remote messaging and real-time traffic" Crying or Very sad

I'll report back!
Soon

Lost in the Green Lanes of Surrey

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: