Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT3 lock-up
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT3 lock-up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laize
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: TT3 lock-up Reply with quote

I have recently bought an iPAQ 2210 with TT3 bluetooth. It works fine on it's own but when I loaded and used it with CHECKPOint it started to lock up. First the blue light on the GPS device starts to flash (from a constant blue) then the message on the navigator reads GPS position unreliable. Sometimes it recovers and other times it doesn't and locks up. I removed CHECKPOint and installed GPSAssist, it does it less frequently now but it still has the same problem.

When operating TT3 on it's own it frequently says GPS position unreliable, and the blue light flashes on the GPS, however it recovers with TT3 running alone. Is this normal or is this the root of the problem?

Any help much appreciated
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The consensus on the forums is that the combination of iPAQ h2210, TomTom Navigator 3, Bluetooth GPS and SD memory card is unreliable. Change any one item and things work - for example, I've got that setup on an iPAQ hx4700, and others have a CompactFlash rather than Bluetooth GPS.

Turning off the display of POI may help, but you still may not have a completely reliable setup. The easiest and cheapest thing to do in that case is to buy a CompactFlash memory card for your maps.

David
Qhunter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dell X30 locked up the day after I read this thread and I thought "here we go, it's bugged" Anyway, I realised that the only thing that I had changed was that I had the started using the switcher bar. If I don't use TT and the switcher everything works fine.
Laize
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I have operated it without POIs displayed for the last few days without any lock-ups or 'GPS position unreliable' messages. May try a different card for the maps if I feel I need the POIs displayed.

Thanks for the advice.
Mermaid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with the ipaq h2210 & TT3 and TomTom's answer to it was to turn the POIs off until they found a solution for it, which they never did.

Everything now works fine, but it is annoying not to be able to use the POIs. As a new forum member I was interested to read above that if I install the maps etc on a flash card instead of the SD card, I should be able to use POIs again.

I am just about to upgrade to TT5 - does this have the same issues as for TT3? And if I do buy a flash card, what size will I need to get?

Thanks Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: