Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT GPS Query
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT GPS Query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OhBuggerit2k2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: BT GPS Query Reply with quote

My son has TomTom Mobile V4.43 installed on his Nokia 6600. He has a TT BT Unit so all is fine and he loves it.

Out in my car the other day he decided to try and pair with my Navigon BT Unit and lo and behold it still all worked OK.

BUT when we paired with my Holux GR-231 we could not get TTM to find a GPS Unit. Went back to the TT BT and the Navigon BT Unit and both worked fine, but the Holux unit would just not have any of it.

Can someone explain to me why? I thought all three units were the same, for my Navigon MN4 I can pair all 3 and they work fine. Is the Holux different in any way??

Ta. :D :D
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having fun with different BT GPS receivers and so far this is what I've found.

You must ensure that both the inbound & outbound bluetooth settings are enabled prior to creating the partnership.

Create the partnership in the normal way.

Rename the device to 'BT Wireless GPS' I'm not convinced that this is required, I need to do more work on this.

When you load TTM and look at the status if all is working well you should see the yellow icon spinning.

If the icon is spinning but no data or signal is being received, it normally means that your GPS unit is set to SIRF mode not NMEA. You'll need to find a utility to reset the GPS unit to NMEA.

My experience has been based on using the SPV C500 with a EMTAC BT receiver, both are working well.

The only problems I'm experiencing is that the Traffic activation is disabled, and if I let the EMTAC batteries run dry the unit defaults back to SIRF mode.
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of interest I just tried the Rikaline 6030 that I use on my TT3, on my dads TT Mobile. Couldn't get TT Mobile to recognise it at all, after a lot of messing around, if you pair the receiver and then rename it from Rikaline or whatever to TomTom Wireless GPS then TT Mobile picks it up and it works ok. Never played with TT Mobile before, have to say I'm impressed with it!
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its locked to receiver bundled with the software

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
dynamo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: BT GPS Query Reply with quote

OhBuggerit2k2 wrote:

BUT when we paired with my Holux GR-231 we could not get TTM to find a GPS Unit.

The reason is because if you connect the Holux GPS to the phone (via BT) before starting TTM it connects on COM6 which is not supported by TTM.

So what you have to do is pair the device as normal, switch off BT on the phone, then switch on the GPS - as its can't connect it flashes really fast. Now when you start TTM it will switch BT back on and connect to the GPS on COM7.
scott8629
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So will TT mobile work with any other BT GPS recievers other than the TomTom one?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: