Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iCN 510 gives some weird routing...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iCN 510 gives some weird routing...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: iCN 510 gives some weird routing... Reply with quote

I assume everyone else has found that the 510 does some very strange routing?

I was travelling down the M6 and was instructed to take an exit. It took me over the roundabout above the motorway and back down the sliproad onto the motorway again - a totally pointless detour.

I have also found it telling me to go down narrow country roads for a detour of several miles only to rejoin the A road I was already on about 1/2 a mile later on. No amount of changing the settings makes a difference. It always tries to take me down a virtual dirt track (I don't mean virtual in the computer sense Smile )

It's done this so often now that I find myself questioning any unexpected turns. Unfortunately, you don't always have time to look ahead to see if it's a genuine route. I know they say they only guarantee to get you there not that it will necessarily be the best route but using single lane dirt tracks rather than a perfectly good A road seems to be taking the mickey somewhat.

Ok, rant over. It's still the best toy I've bought for many years - just don't believe everything it tells you!

Richard
stanshawe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard, funny you should say that but twice over the past week I been sent into M/Way service roads. The first occasion was trvelling along the M4 towards Bristol and I had to get to a small village about 10 miles from the Leigh Delamere services but instead of taking me off at J17 it took me another 1 mile on into the services and then instructed me to exit via the services service road (No entry and illegal if caught), secondly while trying to access the M6 I was sent up country roads and then instructed to turn up again the services rear service road (again a no entry and a private road with access to authorised vehicles only). So be warned if ever in the same position, check route first, it will savea heck of a lot of miles going on to the next M/Way junction to get back.

Rich
Team225
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent expirienced this on the Navman yet, but the Tomtom Go done this to us a few weeks ago!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: