Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom tom traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom tom traffic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louie8888
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Tom tom traffic Reply with quote

Hi Who can help i run the 30 day but payed befor it run out and now i cant get data fro tom tom on the traffic page is will not show any incidents and if i reset the bytes sent /received it only has 3k and thats only when i reactivate traffic Please can someone help i have reset the pda from 0 BUT STILL NO GO also reset on the tom tom web site Please PLEASE CAN SOME HELP
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing you can do if your user name and password won't work is try the New Device option in the Traffic part of My TomTom. If you do that, reactivate Traffic on your phone and things still don't work, you'll need to contact TomTom Support for help.

David
louie8888
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Still no TOM TOM Reply with quote

Hi i have done a reset but still no go i cant understand why i can see the traffic on the pda as i left it doind a update set at 1 min and it used 40k but on the all the map it did not saw a thing is there anything more i just reload tom tom from start also reset on the tom tom from the tomtom site but still no go is logs on user password all ok on there but will not show on the map this has only happend after paying for tom tom PLEASE can someone help !!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double checking, it looks like the Traffic server has failed - as you say, you can connect, but no incidents are being returned. You moving from your trial to your paid subscription was purely incidental.

Your subscription is almost certainly OK. Complain to TomTom (as I just have) and wait for a resolution, presumably after the holidays. You need to look at one answer on the TomTom support site, then press the "Send an email" button under it.

David
louie8888
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: !!!!! Reply with quote

Thanks Will Do
richiec
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I think though not sure that it when down before new year . I've been connecting and downloading 0 problems since New years eve. Has this happened before? And does it happen regularly?

Thanks
nontechmike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Traffic add-on not working Reply with quote

Hi,

I have same problem - goes through motions of updating traffic but sends no data back. Mine was working fine on 28/29th Dec. I noticed it wasnt working 1st and 2nd Jan. I have reported it to TomTom - I suggest others do the same. Anybody got any stats on this type of thing - how reliable is this service? I have only been using it 5 days and it seems its been off the air about half the time!
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It hasn't been working since 12:30 on the 31st Dec, this is not the first time it has happened, yet again no one is monitoring he service from TomTom
geraint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that no incidents were being reported today (2nd Jan). I thought it rather odd that there were no incidents between Pembrokeshire and Dorset, so I zoomed out to look at the whole UK. No incidents anywhere!

What's probably happened is that the server went down before the New Year, and everybody from TomTom are on vacation. They probably don't think that paying customers deserve to be given value for money. It's another example of TomTom being happy to take our money, but not delivering the service you'd expect from a professional organisation.

TomTom for iPhone v1.9
App version: 8.300 (777309)
Map: Western Europe v875.3668
louie8888
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Tom tom traffic Reply with quote

Hi all i think we are all up for some Compensation Please Tell me what you all think ???
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent had to use my traffic so far this week so havent been affect the data is collected and distrubuted by a third party which tomtom pays for acces to hence your traffic subcription sever going down is out of totally out of tomtoms hands should be rectified asap or as soon as the engineers get back is it working now

unfortunatly these things happen from time to time nothings perfect, someone i know from another site has this in his signiture

if play a windows cd backs you get satanic messages thats nothing if you playit forwards it installs windows Laughing

oh now true

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re compensation, I've requested this the last time it happened and they refused saying it wasn't their fault. My resposne was that my agreement/purchase was with TomTom, not their data provider, and also I have no way of contacting their data providered. They still refused to extend my subscription by they amount of days the service was unavailable, but said if it happened again they would extend my subscription.

I've therefore requested 5 days extension, 2 for the last failure & 3 for this one. I thing all others user should request this, it may make them fix the problems or provide some form of monitoring.

Its not a lot of money, but the last two times I've needed to use the service its not been available, so why should we have to pay for it.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My complaint requested an extension - no reply from TomTom as yet.

As others have said, it's working again now.

David
geraint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to ask for compensation as I'm currently running the free trial.

I'll only pay for the service when the trial expires if somebody can convince me that TomTom aren't scoundrels.

TomTom for iPhone v1.9
App version: 8.300 (777309)
Map: Western Europe v875.3668
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT replied to my question stating that they were investigating the problem but had no further information, and then closed the call/log.

In other words go away, we are not bothered, we are not going to fix it.

I've re opened the call/log requesting that it remains open until they have further information, and so they don't forget about it. The status has now changed to 'Research'....

Just for information call centers are normally measured by the number of received and open calls, I get the impression TT prefers to close calls as quickly as possible even if they haven't resolved them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: