Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Haicom 204-s and IPAQ 1940 PLEASE HELP!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Haicom 204-s and IPAQ 1940 PLEASE HELP!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gavthebarman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Haicom 204-s and IPAQ 1940 PLEASE HELP!!! Reply with quote

I purchased a Haicom 3 in 1 holder with a Haicom 204-S GPS reciever. I am having nothing but trouble in getting it to work. All the GPS mouse does is flash the LED stating that it is searching. I wiped my ipaq and downloaded the Haicom test software and locked it onto com2 as it said form the instructions. The GPS just sits there and flashes and never returns anything to the IPAQ. I even left it on for a whole hour on top of my car roof in an area with nothing around and still it flashes and never sends anything to the IPAQ.

Is this my IPAQ at fault or is the reciver a duff one?

Please help me as I really want this thing to work.
darkmoments
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am new to this forum and also a newbee in PDA/GPS and I sort of have the same problem as you have.
I am using TT3 on a h1930 and a Haicom 3 in 1 kit with IRDA. When I first installed it the mouse was flashing and no fix was received in TT Gps.
Tried all kind of settings but no joy. Also tried with Oziexplorer CE with same result.
Had the mouse replaced and suddenly it all worked, TomTom performed very well. The mouse was still flashing and according to the manual it should be a steady red led when in fix, but it was ok anyway. For two day only.....
Then it was back to no signal from the GPS. This time it worked now and then, sometime for 5 minutes, some other times half an hour.
Have doublechecked all connections and I now suspect bad connections inside the IRDA lamp supplied in the kit. Sometimes when I touch and twist the red IRDA bulb the GPS signal kicks in on the PDA.

I assume you have made sure that the IRDA lamp is in a good position opposit the IRDA on your PDA.
My GPS settings are NMEA 183, at 4800 baud, and the check mark on the beam page is unchecked.
Please post again if you find a solution.
gavthebarman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't put the IRDA lamp inline with my IRDA port on my PDA. This must be the problem. I went through the instructions in the box and it did not mention anything like that. I will try that tonight when I get home. I was just about to sent it back aswell but if I still get nothing then I will send back anyways.

Cheers for that mate. I think you might just of sorted my problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: