Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Emtac Bluetooth in Belgium
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Emtac Bluetooth in Belgium

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rolly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Emtac Bluetooth in Belgium Reply with quote

The nearest place as far as I know buying an Emtac Bluetooth GPS is the UK which leaves me with S+H (shipping and handling) charges which is all due respect I need to pay from whatever country but on top of all the charges I get charged with import tax to get it into the country (Belgium) when sending it by courier.

Any soul out there know where I can buy a GPS Bluetooth in Belgium ?

Best regards

Rolly

pevelius
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Emtac Bluetooth in Belgium Reply with quote

i donīt know of any import taxes when buying inside EU. of course you have to pay VAT (if you order as a person and not as a company) to the country that sells the product, but thatīs it. unless you order an aeroplane or a car. thatīs the way it works in finland, thatīs prolly the way it works in belgium, too. check your local customīs internet site for details.

MikeB
Frequent Visitor

Rolly,

I have tried to phone both Itochi UK and Itochi France to find out who the retailers are over there. Neither of them are in the office today. I will email them and let you know soon.

There is definatly a supplier in France as they were selling the Emtac to UK users before it was available here.
cycle
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by rolly on 18 March 2003

The nearest place as far as I know buying an Emtac Bluetooth GPS is the UK which leaves me with S+H (shipping and handling) charges which is all due respect I need to pay from whatever country but on top of all the charges I get charged with import tax to get it into the country (Belgium) when sending it by courier.

Any soul out there know where I can buy a GPS Bluetooth in Belgium ?

Best regards

Rolly

Hi Rolly,

I also live in Belgium and I'm also considering to buy an EMTAC BT GPS.

You can buy it via the internet on the following URL PDA shop You can also find this web shop in the "where to buy" section of the Tom Tom Website so I think you can trust them (lets hope).

Last week I saw the Emtac BT GPS in Antwerp in the FNAC but it was a lot more expensive overthere.

Regards.

MikeB
Frequent Visitor

I have found the french retailer at: Avesta
Piet
Occasional Visitor

I just ordered mine with plusware: www.plusware.be

398 E including VAT + 10 E shipping charges...

A little bit more expensive than the UK, but not all that much...
cycle
Occasional Visitor

Piet,

Thanks for the tip. What software and which PDA are you going to use with the emtac?

Regards.
Piet
Occasional Visitor

I use it since yesterday with TT Navigator 1 (but I am going to apply for the free upgrade since I bought it after March 1st) and an IPAQ 3970. Still have a lot to find out, but it works...
rolly
Occasional Visitor

Thank you all so much for the prompt replies. I have chosen the one Piet suggested since it's the closest to my home town Gent.

Best regards

Rolly
flippodc
Occasional Visitor

Just purchased via premierelect.com in the UK. There are no import charges (the EU finally offers a benefit), just S&H. Total cost : 373 EUR, and I didn't even have to leave the house (timely delivery by FedEx). There is also expansys.com who can ship from France or UK and have better online order tracking, but they have some issues with inventory mgt (in short : don't order more than 1 product that is in short supply).

Greetz

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: