Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Handnav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Handnav
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Handnav Reply with quote

bernieman wrote:
Hi all,
My experience with Handnav is mixed. Delivery time for my Mitac Mio168 was next day considering the order went in late the day before. My grip is after two weeks of use the Activesync socket has come off, so now I can't charge it or tranfer any data to it. Contacted Handnav and they said they would get back to me. Three emails from me later and two weeks passing, nothing. Extremely dissappointed, a waste of £360 and I wouldn't recomend this person to anyone. Delivery full marks, Back up service nil point.

Not that you should have to contact them direct, but my Mio had a similar problem and the supplier had ceased trading. If you telephone 0207 294 0074, which is Mio's UK number they will arrange for a repair to be carried out. Mine needed a new motherboard, which is what yourssounds like too.

Regards

Mark
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Handnav - wrong product Reply with quote

I ordered a TomTom 'Y' type car power cable yesterday at 2pm and it arrived this morning at 8.30! Great delivery service.

Sadly the cable is not as described - Handnav website shows a pretty picture of a Tom Tom boxed item, leading me to belive that the cable was a Tom Tom product. The cable that arrived was in a plain bag with no manufacturers details and is clearly NOT a Tom Tom item. This cable cost me thirty quid, and I was only prepared to pay that amount because I thought it was an original manufacturers' item. I think Handnav are sailing very close to the Trading Standards wind in doing this....

The cable is in any event not suitable because it has a RG11 phone type connector for the extra power supply, and every one of my GPS devices need a 'barrel' type round plug, - all my power cables are of the 'barrel' type.

I rang and spoke to Chetan was told me that all Tom Tom recievers utilise the RG11 type power lead (and he would not listen to me when I told him repeatedly that mine was supplied with the barrel type lead - even though I told him I was holding the damn thing in my hand). In fact all my gps receivers, Ipaqs etc use the barrel type plugs on their leads.

As I said to Chetan I can't imagine why anyone would want to have a great big (well, comparatively) RG11 socket clunking around on their dashboard, when the barrel type connector is so much smaller and neater. This was wasted on Chetan, who rather obsessively kept repeating "Tom Tom supply all their GPS receivers with RG11 cables" ...! Well not mine they didn't, neither did Globalsat or ClipOn, whose receivers I also have. None of the Ipaqs we have use RG11 power cables.

Finally, after a twenty minute argument, Chetan offered to send me an RG11 cable free of charge (when he gets some) - which is fair enough if it happens - watch this space. :o

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: