Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Rikaline 6010 GPS mouse
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Rikaline 6010 GPS mouse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brommers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Rikaline 6010 GPS mouse Reply with quote

We have just brought axim x5 which came with a rikaline 6010 and tomtom3. We though we were ready to go but when we put it in the car tomtom3 said GPS unreliable.

Tomtom tells us how to get there using the manual map but, when it comes to the GPS we can't pick anything up. Everything is pluged in and installed correctly.

We have noticed that there are alot of topics on the rikaline 6010. Can you please help us with any solutions to our problem?

Please be gentle as we are new to all this.

Many thanks
Brandon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When TT tells you that the GPS position is unreliable, what is the status of the green light on the Rikaline 6010?

If it is solid, then it does not have a valid GPS fix (hence the error).

If it is blinking, then it has a valid GPS fix. If this is the case, then I would suggest looking into your COM port settings, and make sure you have a baud rate of 4800 selected.

Good Luck,

Brandon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
WGJK7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: DELL AXIM Rikaline Reply with quote

I have just bought the same del package and mine also came with the rikaline instead of the tomtom. I have exactly the same problem. Brommers if you got yours working please tell me how.
Cwill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: rikaline connecting problem Reply with quote

I have same problem with 6010 and viewsonic v37 anyone hLep me!
ESS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Ipaq 3850 and Rikaline wired 6010 Reply with quote

Hello, i have the same problem, i have a Compaq Ipaq 3850, and i don't get nay SAT signals on my pocket PC using the Rikaline 6010 Wired GPS, i used the WinFast Navigator to fix the problem, i get the Com Port 1, but when i select it in the GPS setting i get an eror meassage cannot open 'Com Port 1'

So if anybody has come solved the problem or has any tips please let me know.

Ess
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soft reset and try again. If you're still getting an error, something is keeping your COM1: port open, such as a keyboard driver. You need to find and disable the offending piece of software.

David
Pete2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try going to srart/settings/connections and selecting Irda (infrared) and if the box is ticked untick it (sometimes the infrared hogs com1).
Then start tomtom and go to GPS and select rikaline from drop down list along with com1.
When I first started using my pda/gps mine wouldn't work untill i unticked the receive all incoming beams box at the infrared connections setting.
I've had a Jornada 568 and a 928 and I'm currently using an xda2 all with the rikaline 6010 wired receiver.
Hope this helps Idea
redtomuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D Just to sy that I found these posts really helpful and got my xda + rikaline 6010 working thanks to you lovely people Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: