Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sound files for Navman Pin
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound files for Navman Pin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viking777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Sound files for Navman Pin Reply with quote

Hi all,

I got a Navman Pin 300 with Smart ST v3 and memory map for xmas. (Well to be honest I bought it for myself!!)

I am very satisfied with the Mitac Mio, the gps accuracy and speed of fixes, and the memory map software is superb. I am a less satisfied with the Smart ST road nav software, the mapping is nowhere near up to date (eg one way streets that have been one way for at least 7 years are shown as 2 way, my own road - 6 years old- is present but completely mismapped - ie. the wrong shape, and whole towns can sometimes fail to appear in the search facility despite being present on the maps) all in all though, as I have never had a similar product before, I am quite amazed by its abilities. One of the very useful aspects of the Smart ST software is the ability to use the safety camera database, and herein lies my question.

I have managed to fiddle with the files to put them into the format that Smart ST can recognise and imported them to the device successfully and they work. What I would like to do is to associate the sound files supplied with the database with the cameras so that if I approach a camera in a 40mph limit the machine will warn me with the speed limit instead of just a chime. I am reasonably computer savvy but I just cannot find a way to do this. Can anyone enlighten me??

Rgds,
viking777
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viking777 wrote:
What I would like to do is to associate the sound files supplied with the database with the cameras so that if I approach a camera in a 40mph limit the machine will warn me with the speed limit instead of just a chime.
Not currently possible to do that.

You can change the default chime to another sound by replacing the wav file called 'cosmicl.wav' with any other wav file of your choice. As long as it has the name cosmicl.wav it will play but you cannot have different chimes for different POI's.

Simply connect the PiN to your PC via active sync and browse the directory until you find the cosmicl file and replace it.

If you want more info, search the forums for 'cosmicl' - this subject has been covered in more detail elsewhere.

Viking777 wrote:
I am a less satisfied with the Smart ST road nav software, the mapping is nowhere near up to date (eg one way streets that have been one way for at least 7 years are shown as 2 way, my own road - 6 years old- is present but completely mismapped - ie. the wrong shape, and whole towns can sometimes fail to appear in the search facility despite being present on the maps)
This is nothing to do with SmartST - this is the fault of TeleAtlas the map data provider and to some extent, all products using TeleAtlas maps suffer the same problem.
It could be worse, SmartSTv3 has more up to date mapping than the current TTN3
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
viking777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not currently possible to do that.

That'll be why I can't then!

I had found the wav file that does sound but not much point in changing that for another I think.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry to criticise Navman when, as you say it is Teleatlas that provide the maps.

Frightening to think that TTN3 is even worse than Smart ST 3, still at least I have got the M6 toll.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: