Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Upgrade from TT2 USA
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrade from TT2 USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveyft
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Upgrade from TT2 USA Reply with quote

Does the upgrade just announced allow me to upgrade both software & maps in the USA version to TT3 or is it just maps? (I dont have version 3 software in any other package).

I must admit I'm confused as TT3 doesnt apear to be available in the US, it's TT 2004! That being the case what's the upgrade path for TT2 US users as there doesnt seem to be an option to upgrade to 2004?
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The reply I got from TomTom, was that it was the complete package US/Canadian Maps and TT3 Software, so you will not have a problem

I currently have the old TT2 US on my system, and have TT2 UK & Europe as well, (I held off paying for the upgrade when TT3 UK came out as the compatibility problems with TT2 US caused more probelms than it was worth),

But I paid the 49euros yesterday, and entered my codes for TT2 US, UK & Europe, the site said all three would be upgraded for the one cost,

I checked with TT Support and they confirmed that the packages that would ship out would be complete TT3 packages with Software & Maps,

Not that I use the UK & Euro maps as much now as I have a Pioneer Avic-X1 in my UK Car, but as it didn't cost any extra didn't see the point in not ordering it!

Regards

Victoria
daveyft
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks for that. It looks like I'll be OK then.

Dave
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Should be OK,

Pity I won't get to test the new maps this time, I am away in the US from tomorrow, so won't get my updates till I get back in the UK again (They are being mailed to my UK address),

But nowhere new for me on this trip anyway, so TT2 copes fine with it..

Will be interesting to see if they have got a Full Major Routes of USA Map on this new set, I have the full TT2 US Set on a 1Gb SD card in my XDA2, but you still have to route to area borders on cross sector trips which is a pain and messes up total trip time calculations,

Regards

Victoria
daveyft
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recieved my upgrade for TomTom USA. It contains a leaflet which states quite clearly that this is maps only, no software included.

I find this rediculous. I bought the TT2 USA product which was software & maps. They provide me with an upgrade which is maps only and which I therefore cant use. I'm off to complain to TT.
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I just recieved my upgrade for TomTom USA. It contains a leaflet which states quite clearly that this is maps only, no software included."

If you are really stuck let me know and I will email you a copy of the TT3 Prog, it would not be a problem as its the maps that are code locked not the sortware, and as you have the paid upgrade cannot see it being a copyright violation!, Let me know

Yep,

Must admit that is mighty strange,

I just got back from the US today and found my upgrade discs had arrived here in the UK,

Lucily I had all 3 upgrades come thru, UK, USA, Europe, so had the softwear available from the UK disc.

But it really does seem a bit absurd of them not to supply the software on the US pack when it is being offered as an upgrade to people who may only have TT2 US!

Anyway have mine installed, and will try it on Monday when back in the US, hope that the San Francisco OneWay system is a little more accuratly mapped than in the last map set, Also now having a major Routes of US set is a real bonus,

Lets hope it performs well in the real world, I only have a shortish test for it next week, SanFran, Reno, Vegas, LA, SanFran, so no need to the major routes map this time as no major sector changes,
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, hit submit before I had finished (Still a bit jetlagged!),

I also wanted to add that the inclusion of the 212Mb Cities map is a real bonus on the new US Map set, as a combined major roads of US along with maps of major built up areas I for one will find it a godsend on long cross country trips just ducking of the highway to find hotels, and meetings.

Fingers crossed the map data does not let it down again, but so far a good score for incusions, and just the big DOH! for not including the TT3 Software on the US upgrade discs!,

Regards

Victoria
daveyft
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, thanks for the offer of the software but I dont think it helps. I was advised by others on this forum to download the software from the TomTom site for the same reason, ie. it's the maps that are licensed.

I tried this and it appears to work until you start the software when I just get a message saying my maps are expansion maps and I need to install an "original" map first. I'm going to have a play around at the weekend when I have a bit more time to see it I can find a solution.

Thanks

Dave
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave

Hmm, yes I forgot about that it will need the UK map first,

This really is a crazy situation, when I spoke to them last week they assured me the US package would include the software as it was a standalone product for many people,

Godd Luck dealing with them, I would sit on the phone till they resolve it if you can afford the time,

Let us know how you get on with them

Regards

Victoria

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: