Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTG problems so far
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTG problems so far

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aflurry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: TTG problems so far Reply with quote

hi just need some info just purchased a TTG for work as a taxi driver and was testing it out last night and found a few problems first one being that TTG will route me around york city centre which is restricted to ordinery at certain times but being a taxi driver i am able to use these routes, but TTG wont tell me take them it tries to make me use the inner ring road is there any way i can disable this function i have noticed that the restricted roads on the map are marked different to the rest, they have little dashes on them.
another one is TTG tries to route me down one way streets the wrong way in the town centre, which now explains why i have come across traffic coming the other way while i am going down these roads the right way, probably out of towners using sat nav, i just thought they where brain dead but after using TTG i will give them the benefit of the doubt in future Laughing Out Loud
the other one is TTG trying to route me down roads which i know are permanantly blocked but TTG doesnt, so i can avoid them and some of these have been like that for years, then let TTG re-route once i have past the street.
but apart from that i am quite impress with TTG but it could do with info as to wether these can be changed so i can put these blocks in the road myself and wether road restrictions can be taken off TTG
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think you can change it yourself.

Some maps are a bit out of date. If you set up an "account" with TomTom you can e-mail problems to them. There is also an address for map problems direct to the map supplier. Can't find the link - anyone know it?
rob-bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: tomtom go routing Reply with quote

aflurry
see my other posts
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12301&sid=acf78ffac30bd23395ee775c991a5862

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12061&sid=acf78ffac30bd23395ee775c991a5862

you will find the more you use it how bad the routing is on it......if you dont know where you are going it will get you there......BUT it takes the long way around tries to take you down one way streets,turn across roads that you cannot and even keeps blurting out stupid instructions halfway down roads that dont need any
cheers
Rob
stevefitz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi;

I sympathise with you, our TTg's are full of "U" turns you cannot do and roads blocked for years. It demonstrates a very valid point for those people defending the maps quality and saying at most they can be 1-2 years out of date.

Lets be very honest, its a great unit, huge potential, hits the value button,but,let down by the one job it has to do, thats getting you from A to B quickly.
When I buy a washing machine , it must wash, a mobile phone has to make calls, etc, you know what I'm saying.
I dont want to know about technical limitations, it should do what it says "on the can".

If anybody knows the Dutch address of TTG and the Commercial Director, I would like to write to him to explain the frustration, with such a wonderful product.
timmyo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Take it back to the shop, explain that it is either 'not fit for purpose' or 'not of the quality expected' and claim your money back under the sale of goods act (both instances are explicity covered in the Act)
2. Shut up.

Have a nice day. :D
stevefitz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi;
Why get all emotional about the product, like saying "shut up", that solves nothing.
Lets get better maps, lets try and influence the Manufacturer to improve things. Its fundementally a great product.
In manufacturing you make your profit once on the initial hardware(thats what TT has done, if at all).
The long term revenue stream of TT comes from end users buying additional maps, so its in its own interest to get us all better maps and charge us for the pleasure.
Thats life.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: