Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CruxII performance
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CruxII performance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4150TT3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: CruxII performance Reply with quote

I have a CRUXII Emtac GPS. I've not used it much yet as my PDA is out of action at the mo so maybe I haven't given the device a chance.

Problem is the performace of this device seems a bit dissapointing. When it rains, sometimes it can't get a GPS fix at all! In certain rural type area's on a clear day I'm lucky if I can pick up 1 satellite, however I have had up to 9 satellites. There is nothing strange about my windscreen or anything like that, so I was wondering if investing in an external aerial would improve matters much?

Cheers in advance for any help :-)
Brandon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What program are you using to tell you your sat levels? Also, what kind of car and where in the car are you placing the unit?

Best regards,

Brandon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
4150TT3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brandon,

I have an Astra, I place the GPS on the dashboard and use the GPS utility built into TT3.

Like I say i does work - just sometimes it has real difficulty getting a fix.

Thanks for the help!

Leon.
Brandon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thats kind of a puzzler. I do not have too much experience with the Astra (never seen one here in the States).
So when the TT3 software is saying you do not have a fix, does the Green light on the Trine flash (not flicker) about once a second?

I am trying to think of other things you can do to eliminate what could be causing your sat issue.

What happens if you head outside, and wait for the Trine to get a fix (indicated by the flashing green light), and then open up TT to check out your sat levels. Once you have a fix, toss the GPS into your car, and check your levels there. If there is a drastic difference, I would suggest maybe trying an external antenna, or borrow a friends unit to see if the same is true for their unit.

Also, when you typically turn your GPS on; is it after you have started driving, or before?

If for some reason you do not get a fix after 5 minutes of standing outside, I would suggest contacting the company you purchased the unit from.

Best regards,

Brandon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: