Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Rikaline x6 CF with Dell x5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Rikaline x6 CF with Dell x5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glynieboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Rikaline x6 CF with Dell x5 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just purchased a x6 CF card and would like to know what driver and port to select under the GPS config...

I have a 6010 GPS unit which works fine on my PDA... but the x6 cant pick anything up.. so I guess its the wrong driver and port ... any advice would be great!!

Cheers Glyn Wink
glynieboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should of also added I have the following ports to choose from...

Socket_CF+Serial_Port_Card_REV2
USB Cable
COM3
Native IR
Serial Cable on COM1
Bluetooth GPS

I guess its either one of the COM ports or the Socket_CF+Serial_Port_Card_REV2

however some drivers only give you external_device port to choose when selected.
glynieboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

** UPDATE **

Still not working... but I have found the following:

When running WinFast Navigator it detects the Rikaline x6 on COM5 which is fine. I can then connect and see the Development messages scrolling through... all of which are $GPVTA, $GPRMC and $GPRTG and then back to $GPVTA and so on. It will only work if I set WinFast to use COM5 baud rate of 4800 using NMEA. It does not working with SIRF. However it is unable to get a fix when running... the Signal Strength stays the same which is basically all zeros. I have tired this outside in an open area and also in the car.

I have also tried it with VitoNavigator which gives me the same results, it can see the GPS but cant fix on any satellites.

I have now come to the conlcusion that the GPS card is either NAFF or I'm still expericeing some kind of driver issue.

Any help would be great as Im very close to stamping on the card!! Laughing
Ice_coffee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an X6 (its my second actually as the first one was faulty) it works in sirf mode (but its crap) aswell as nmea mode (which works very well) every now and then I experience what your talking about, ie it will be working but not locking onto any satelites, it normally only does this if my PDA is turned off then on again whilst it was in the middle of a lock !! a soft reset of my ipaq 2210 seems to remedy this.

PS although the manufacturers claim it works at lots of baud rates, the only one that seem to work is 4800 (on com 7 for me)
glynieboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info....

My one didnt work at all!! I spoke with Rikaline via email... not the best technical group in the world... I put it down to be DOA so I have sent it back!!

I have since purchased another GPS which should arrive early part of next week... I didnt get another Rikaline as I want that impressed with their support.... I guess you never find this out unless you have issues
ZOKA
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O what a mess

Hello all I'm new to PocketPC scene and owner of second hand DELL X5 TT 3 and (oh joy) Rikoline X6, which you allready guesed is NOT working. Well actualy it did work just for 3 min, just to make me hooked up for ever, and then nothing. Last 3 days i'm lurking on this forum, searchin the web but no luck. Seting that did work was Rikaline 6010 and Leadtek GPS9534. There was even 4 red bars in TT GPS, set the route in TT sit in the car and dam thing stoped working. Green (power) light is on no signal what so ever, dead in the water. Since then i try all of sugestion from this Forum, install WinFast
set com5, 4800 but no joy. So if any of you guys know how or what please let me know.
Buy the way serial no of my card is:21000536
Is it possible to flash upgarde bios or anything like that.......... Rikoline web site is not great help, and 2 emails i send to support who knows maybe they recive it maybe not Confused
Do not judge my spelling to harsh Embarassed
glynieboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZOKA,

I had the same problem with Rikaline support, no answer to my emails. In the end I didnt use their automated contact us form and sent an email direct to support. I got a reply the next day! I think their website doesnt work properly!

I asked about firmware upgrades and was told to send the CF card back to the company I bought it from. The company I bought it from took it back and test the card in an Ipaq. Guess what it worked first time!! But it didnt do nothing in my Dell x5.

I have since got another CF card not Rikaline which arrived today. Put the card in and bingo first time connected with a solid lock!!!

I also have a Rikaline GPS mouse 6010 which is brilliant, cant grumble with that one.. just the CF one on the Dell Sad
ZOKA
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glynieboy

Thanks for your reply M8, there is some movement in my fight to get that card working.
1. I did not use automated email replay on Rikaline web page, i colected then on this forum so i send one to support@rikaline.co.uk tech@rikaline.co.uk and to sam@rikaline.co.uk
2. So fare got two replays . one is from SAM who is asking me some more details where i bought my card , and on what platform i'm using it ( i did put those things down in email, apart where did I get it ?) and another from tech@rikaline.co.uk
and this is copy of email that i send thinking of promised 4 hour reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 05 October 2004 19:21
To: tech@rikaline.co.uk
Subject: is there anybody live there ???

Pleaese reply.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We answer emails in order, there is no need to send multiple emails.

Thank you
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a support counting emails instead of sending reply on my first email.

3. Best thing so far, I email Rikaline in TaiPei and hit bulls eye
name of lady is Cindy and i kindly did ask in my email can i have firmware update for my card. And I GOT IT.............
What a support 10+ :D
Now sad thing is that update is bit to much to handle at least for me.....

So i will see what will happend. Only thing against me is that i got Axim and x6 second hand and i can not send card back to seler Crying or Very sad

ZOKA
Ice_coffee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ZOKA

This is exactly what happened to me m8 , I bought an X6 supposedly new off somone on ebay, but it didnt work on arrival so I went and visited Rikaline UK personally (Vivo technologies Kilburn road in London) and to be honest, as soon as I indicated I didnt want to pay the repair fee of around £40 (because my item was less than a year old due to them not being available a year ago) they just did not want to know !! In the end I had to contact Cindy in Taiwan who was so nice I could'nt ask for better customer service !!! Cindy phoned Rikaline UK and told them, they can give me a replacement out of stock and she will pop an additional one in with the next shipment to the UK, but Rikaline UK flat refused and said I had to wait for my own to come in with the shipment, which I did and im now happy !!! (although Rikaline UK marked it with a permanent marker so they never have to support it, if it breaks down in future. talk about being tight or what )

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: