Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help! Please Help!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! Please Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footypaul007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Help! Please Help! Reply with quote

Hi,
I've just bought TomTom Go and am very new to this kind of thing, i've managed to update the software but have not been able to get the Gatso database on. I've downloaded from this site the files but can;t transfer them to my TomTom Go, can anyone help with a complete idiots guide. It says on the site I should just put the files in the Great Britian File but I don't appear to have this. I can see this file when using the cd setup thingy but when I open the SD Card Its not clear.

I would appreciate some help,

Paul
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly you need to update to the software 4.20 otherwise you wont have the ability to use customisable poi's.
If you have the standard card you will also have to delete voice files on your system that you dont need i.e. all foriegn language ones so as to fit the update on your card.
Plug in your usb plug to the GO and open up your My Computer folder and browse to the removable disks or whatever your GO is shown as, then open up the file and you will see GB navigatin Map folder, open this and drag the files across to this folder. Thats it.
You may want to unzip the gatso files from this site onto your desktop then drag them from there to your GO.
Hope this helps.
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

er... make that the 4.40 software. sorry!!
5ifthmedia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8O

I went wrong when I got this update. I corrupted the card so had to start again - luckily i know my way around media cards so this is how I restarted all over again. I cocked up cause I couldn't get the update to load on so I clicked the wrong button and disconnected the USB - causing lots of bust files. Not too widely known that brand new TOM TOMs have too much on to install the update.

I digress, this is how I started again (TTGO connected? Ready to go...) Smile

->

1. I wiped the card by deleting everything on it via my computer "removeable drive" - not as bad as it sounds.
2. Then I downloaded the update and run it - the update installs a new operating system onto the TOM TOM - this is the basics.
3. Then I put in the TOM TOM CD and installed the GB map - this puts the GB map on (around 100MB so time for a cuppa!)
4. Then I finally added voices - just select the one's you want until you are happy - these are the ones you will use so don't be silly and put on lots of foreign ones!

That's it - disconnect the USB and boot up - and here is your TOM TOM ready to go. WARNING - this caused mine to ask for an activation code so make sure you have your CD case ready and be near an Internet connection (the hardward gives you a site to visit) - write the codes down in case you need to do it again.

FINALLY! - Use the TTGO CD to backup your installation. You can also open your TOM TOM (with USB connection) and copy all of the MEDIA card files to your PC (make sure you can view hidden and system files - I'm not sure there is any - but safe anyway) - make a special folder just for your TTGO. then if your card corrupts or you get a new one - you can wipe the card and copy your files over and bingo.

Hope that helps - next is to install your Gatso/Pizza hut/McDonalds POIs. There is a great guide to doing that in this forum somewhere.

Regards

Sean

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: