Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Palm Tungsten T, Mapopolis and Fortuna Clip on.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Palm Tungsten T, Mapopolis and Fortuna Clip on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dinky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Palm Tungsten T, Mapopolis and Fortuna Clip on. Reply with quote

I have just purchased the Fortuna Clip On, a Palm TT and the Mapopolis software Navigator download and maps and have tried to set the thing up. I am having a problem which I noticed that some previous contributors had found with varying degress of success. The Fotuna works fine and gets a fix pretty quickly. The Palm discovers it and tries to connect. The Fortuna asks for the Pass Key code of 0000 which I imput but the pop up window demands it again and again until I am about ready to do it a mischief.

Having read some contributors letters about this I have followed two pieces of advice - 1. Delete the bluetooth device cache from the Palm and don't add the Fortuna to the Trusted Device list.

I actually have connected, albeit briefly successfully after aboout 5 or 6 passkey popups.

I cannot belive that this is a problem which cannot be solved?

Really appreciate some help on this.

Thanks
mindseye
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this same problem and the way I get around it is by cancelling the connection the first time. Then wait a couple seconds for the Error screen and click OK. Then try connecting once more. For me it always connects the second time. It's annoying, but I haven't found a better solution yet!

And get all the info here -- * http://freestuff.herefishy.net/ *
Dinky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thanks for replying.

I got some great support from he Mapopolis people who felt that it was the link between the Palm and the Fortuna and that the software didn't play a part, which I agree with. I have outlined the problem to Fortuna and have had two emails from an executive there who wasn't aware of the problem and intends to follow it up asking me for the serial no of the receiver.

I was managing to get a connecetion after about 4 goes but the it deteriorated again. I want something that is reliable so the seller has replaced it on warranty with a Syson receiver which I am waiting for.

If the problem persitst then, by process of elimination it must be the Palm - I'll keep you posted.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: