Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Bluetooth GPS Cradle
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Bluetooth GPS Cradle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m4ttc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: TT Bluetooth GPS Cradle Reply with quote

Anyone use oune?

Are they any good?

Where can they purchased from and how much

Cheers

Matt
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use one and it is a convenient mount and it also regulates the car voltage down from 12V to the 5V that the unit requires without having to use a special lighter plug/adaptor.

The only type of place where you can buy them is on eBay as they are no longer made.

TomTom had some left over when they stopped including them in the packs and these may have all gone by now. You could always ask if they have any left.
RichXDA2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also heard this and approached Tom Tom to ask if I could buy one. They replied that they would send one free of charge with their compliments.

Unfortunately, they then sent a second reply a couple of days later to tell me that there were not any left and production had ceased!

So looks like eBay is the only option!
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An extra point I should add which is a good reason for the cradle is that when you provide power to the cradle the TomTom unit turns itself on and turns itself off again when the power is removed. If power is permanently supplied to the cradle, the unit turns on and off when it is inserted or removed from the cradle.

You could expect to pay £15-£30 on eBay for one of these, which is over the odds.
hornist
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone who has got the cradle tried sticking it to the windscreen and then removing it? I've stuck mine to the screen using the pad provided (it was the best way to mount the BT GPS in the 'window' in the reflective coating of the windscreen). Next year I will be changing the car, and with the unavailability of 'new' mounts I will want to remove the mount from the current car and take it with me.

Just wondered if anyone had tried.

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: