Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CP 5 Lockup's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CP 5 Lockup's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keeps54
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you also using CoPilot bluetooth GPS? I'm wondering if I'm having driver memory problems. I've had messages about failure to fire up bluetooth because of lack of driver memory available before. I'm going to free up some memory by removing applications and see what effect it has.
keithdw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem with my iPAQ 4150, here I also have the CPL5 maps on an SD card, and with 30MB of free memory. The more I use the CPL5 software, the more disillusioned I become. This whole system seems to have been a complete waste of time and money.

My HP iPAQ has yet to complete a single trip without crashing and requiring a reset (this usually happens after the system has acquired a location and is calculating a route, or whilst recalculating a route in transit). This, even following a complete 'Hard Reset' (which returns the PDA to the factory defaults) and the installation of only the CoPilot software, ie CoPilot cannot blame the problems on any other software that may have been installed.

I have found the maps to be inaccurate in places and the routing, particularly of detours, to be often very illogical.

The reason I went for the CoPilot package to start with was that it offered Lat/Long input for a destination and this I required. However, I'd have been better off with either the TomTom or Navman I think, as functioning properly and being accurate is more important!
nikpro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove text to speach and replace with wav files - it helped me
keithdw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: CoPilot Refund bought TomTom Reply with quote

Well, after months of moaning I was finally given a refund for my CoPilot by globalpositioningsystems.co.uk. I went out and spent the money on a TomTom Navigator 5 system, Pocket PC with Bluetooth.

Wow, what can I say! The TomTom is everything the CoPilot should have been. It's fantastic. Haven't yet come across any of the map errors which dogged the CoPilot. The routing has been accurate and although slow for the initial planning, is quick to re-route if you go wrong.

The Voice prompts are clear and accurate and don't appear to be missed like the CoPilot ones were so often (you can even change the voices, I have John Cleese giving me directions!). The 3D map display is a joy to behold, it scrolls in realtime and is very smooth, unlike the jumpy CoPilot. POI's are maybe a bit lacking, but they are displayed even on the moving map along with road names etc.

So, all in all the TomTom system is head and shoulders above the CoPilot. The TomTom does exactly what it says on the tin, which is more than can be said for the abysmal ALK effort. I highly recommend this product!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: