Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - M6 TOLL ROAD DOES IT EXIST
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

M6 TOLL ROAD DOES IT EXIST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpc5416
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: M6 TOLL ROAD DOES IT EXIST Reply with quote

I am a complete newcomer to gps systems so having bought a tom tom 3 with a dell axim 5, i set it all up and away we went, all was well until we reached the M6 toll road where the system went mad and did not know where it was, has this happened to anybody else and if so do i need to update the software from somebody.............help
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been discussed in great depth previously, the simple answer is that Tomtom 3 was released before the M6 toll Map Data was available from TeleAtlas so it's not in the map you have.

the TomTom GO unit contains M6 toll Data as this was released sometime after TTN3. You can expect to get the M6Toll in a subsequent upgrade as this is how TomTom have in the past released new map data. We have no current timescale on when this is likely but I would not expect it to be this year.
geraint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that Tom Tom are totally engrossed in GO at the moment, and couldn't give a flying hoot about us Navigator users. GO's their new baby.

TomTom for iPhone v1.9
App version: 8.300 (777309)
Map: Western Europe v875.3668
clivers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually the maps on tomtom 3 and GO are looking worse by the day for me now i have CoPilot V5. map errors on the go and address that don't exist are all on CoPilot...
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Darren and I had the unique opportunity the other day to interview the Senior Marketing Manager of TeleAtlas Europe and posed a number of questions to him regarding TeleAtlas data.

TeleAtlas do realise that their data isn't as full as NAVTEQ's might be, and I did also pose the question regarding coverage of Ireland which again has taken a back seat in TeleAtlas but will be resurrected and mapped in the future (but currently it's still on the back burner).

Personally I have always found from day 1 that NAVTEQ's maps are the most richest in terms of accurate data, but it does reflect in the licensing costs and every GPS company that ships NAVTEQ or TeleAtlas data have to pay a per license royalty back to these companies for every product sold. This is why lots of companies like TomTom prefer to try and undercut everyone by using TeleAtlas as their licenses are a lot more cheaper and it's a hit some companies are willing to take.

TeleAtlas now have 45% coverage of Ireland (verified) where as NAVTEQ I believe now to be in the 80% region (but I may be a little out on this figure). We have a meeting with NAVTEQ later this month and we will be going out in a data collection car to see exactly how streets are mapped, so if there are any questions like coverage, PM me and I'll collate some questions.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: