Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT3 road names
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT3 road names

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vygec
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: TT3 road names Reply with quote

I upgraded from my aldi/medion bundle to my now, ipaq4150,tt3 BlueTooth package.
In the medion when travelling around, i would get all the road names listed, as well as the areas i was visiting listed. Ive played around with options, but cant see anything to enable this. Surely this must be an availabe option? in 'navigator' mode or 'map' mode i cant seem to get anything going?
Thx.
vygec
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

comon.. 8O someone must know what im going on about, and have an answer?..
Ta.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that this is you forst time with TomTom.

When in Navigator mode TomTom does no display road names for versions 2 or 3. This is only shown in map mode.

With TT4Palm and TTGo there are a limited number of roads labeled.
vygec
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Mike.
Yep, it is my first encounter with Tomtom, But i just find it extremely hard to believe that they would not implement this into the program. It was so handy having this with the medion.
simonpearce
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

This is something I also missed.

I've upgraded from a Garmin Streetpilot III and it was really handy seeing the road names as you drive a long - makes it much easier to navigate.

Is there really no way to enable this? Any way round it? Does noone else have this problem?!

Simon
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One not very good way around it is to display Map view and ensure that the property setting to keep your position displayed on the map is selected. This way you get a "North Up" (not "direction up") scrolling map with road names displayed, showing where you are and highlighting your route. However, the navigation is very limited - you don't get voice prompts or a 3D view for example.

Another limited workaround is to use the Safety Screen view which will show you the name of the road you're on and the road you want at the next junction and the administrative region you're now in. You do still get navigation aids such as voice prompts with this option, and a static picture of your path at the next junction, but you lose the scrolling map of your position and road layout ahead.

So I just stick with the normal Navigation view, which does at least show the name of the road you want at the next turn, and if you touch the screen (to go into the buttons menu) the name of the road you're now on.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: