Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - holux bt 321 auto on
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

holux bt 321 auto on
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westentertainer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: holux bt 321 auto on Reply with quote

hello purchased holux bt 321 EXELENT only one thing how does it auto ON it goes off automaticly but how do you get it to come on auto many thanks
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did you get that idea from? Just think about it - the device would need to keep listening on Bluetooth, and would drain it's battery pretty quickly for nothing.

In other words - no such feature.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
westentertainer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it states in add auto power on aUTO OFF
NC_HOLUXUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hello purchased holux bt 321 EXELENT only one thing how does it auto ON it goes off automaticly but how do you get it to come on auto many thanks

Westentertainer - there is no Holux BT GPS Called 321 - There is a Holux 231 with Xtrac - I think you may be referring to this item I recently came across on Ebay - HOLOX 321 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bluetooth-GPS-Receiver-32-Channel-TomTom-Nokia-PDA-IPAQ_W0QQitemZ5842028374QQcategoryZ4668QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Never heard of Holox before and I've no idea where you would get support for it - where did u buy this from?
westentertainer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

off ebay, have i been tuckt up...
exelent reciver though,strange how you do not notice the spelling of it until you pointed it out
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one of these also. Documentation states that it should wake up and turn off when connected to a power supply. After a quick test I find, while it will power down when the power is killed it will not wake up when external power is restored. It will also power down if bluetooth paring is lost. In both instances power down occurs after ~10 mins. Whille it is not quite as advertised this is no biggie for me, as I seldom forget to turn the receiver on, but frequently forget to turn off. It also has a mini USB charging socket, ideal for me as it is the same as my PPC device and so I only need to juggle one charger. Although stated to be a BT-321, is is actually BT-74 when found by bluetooth. All that said it is a much more sensetive receiver than my last BT-177 Nemerix at less than £10 extra (eBay). Cant find much info about the RFMD chipset though.
westentertainer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems to be a great reciver though. when thinking about it how can it power on itself when you phyisicaly need to press button cant have it alll
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westentertainer wrote:
it seems to be a great reciver though. when thinking about it how can it power on itself when you phyisicaly need to press button cant have it alll

I would think it is possible within a software solution. Some devices sleep in a low consumption standby mode and sping to life when external power is restored, similar to the way a phone will light up when plugged into the charger. But then again I am not an electronics/software engineer.
purple8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

help i have one of these and have4 tried to set up with tomtom on win mob 5. i can can get the unit in tomtom but i get no valid gps signal. is there any other way i can test the unit.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple8, Does the yellow/ black circle spin (top RH corner of the GPS status display, if so take the whole lot outside put it in the car and wait for what could be 20 Mins, if it isn't spinning please come back with the setup you have entered into the device as it must be wrong - Mike
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Purple8, Does the yellow/ black circle spin (top RH corner of the GPS status display, if so take the whole lot outside put it in the car and wait for what could be 20 Mins, if it isn't spinning please come back with the setup you have entered into the device as it must be wrong - Mike

I concur with this, I tried to set one up for a mate and after 20mins had to stop due to time constraints (indoors rain and overcast sky too). He took it home and got a fix after about 20 mins. Subsequent fixes are usually in the order of seconds.
smokingdragon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

regarding RFMD chipsets that this HOLOX device has---

"Bluetooth Buy. RFMD will acquire Silicon Wave, Inc., a privately held San Diego, California-based company that supplies integrated circuits for wireless personal area networks (WPANs). Silicon Wave's Bluetooth product portfolio includes highly integrated single-chip CMOS radio processors (including the radio modem and digital baseband functions), as well as stand-alone CMOS radio modem solutions. Silicon Wave's Bluetooth products are currently in production and in use supporting multiple applications, including cellular handsets, PC peripherals, and consumer electronics devices. Based on existing Bluetooth design activity, RFMD anticipates quarterly Bluetooth revenue will increase sequentially throughout its current fiscal year ending March 31, 2005."

A US company, seems OK?

Simon Question
discodave114
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a holox gps reciver do you set it up to use com 0 to get it working
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the port you set it to will depend on the PDA / and GPS device you are connecting to if its wired then COMM 0 is correct (Normally) if its a bluetooth unit please fill in your signature to give additional information then someone can offer meaningfull advice - mike
discodave114
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xda exec useing bluetooth i set it to com 0 and it works with pocket streets 2005 but i am thinking of geting tom tom i have pocket earth 3.4 but it will not see comm 0

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: