Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Avoid Roadblock feature in CP5?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Avoid Roadblock feature in CP5?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Avoid Roadblock feature in CP5? Reply with quote

Its mentioned in Dave's review but not detailed. Is notice that its a feature in TT3. How does this work on CP5 as I would find it one of the most valuable things to have ?
CrashBiker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming I'm understanding the question appropriately, with an active gps signal cpl5 will let you call up the road list itinerary, select any road and pick avoid to get a route recalc without using the affected road.

If you are driving along and are suddenly warned of traffic problems ahead (via trafficmaster freeway for me, or road signs or radio) there is a main map button large enough to find with your finger to request an instant detour. Basically a request to leave the current route at the next available junction and reroute.

If I'm about to leave home/office and a traffic check lets me know the M3 is stuffed (for example) I use the first method to avoid the M3.

If I'm driving and trafficmaster freeway says 8 miles of stationary traffic after the next junction, I hit the detour button and get an instant reroute, with an indication of the extra distance of the detour. I can take the detour or I can hit the "un-detour" button, or I can just drive on and ignore it and will be routed back onto orignial route automatically.

Does this answer your question?

Crash
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure does, thank you. I also use Freeway and it has proved to be well worth the money. I like the idea of touching the screen to "eliminate" a road and I presume just turning off would also do the job, though not as specific as removing a particular road/junction from a route. Does it take you back to the next junction in this instance if you select a reroute or are you only allowed to de select a complete road?

Sorry to be pedantic but I am keen to understand the ease of use in practical uses, i.e. peoples own experiences. Its usually more valuable than reading the manual....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: