Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN2 wired mouse - is it dead?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN2 wired mouse - is it dead?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
proeliator2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: TTN2 wired mouse - is it dead? Reply with quote

I bought TTN2 last April and all has been well until last week when the gps mouse wouldn't get a lock on, or indeed a signal, for over an hour of driving. Looking at the LEDS, they flashed mostly red with the occasional orange. Tried it again today and nothing is flashing at all and TTN2 gets no signal - is my mouse dead???????

I've rechecked its cables, taking them out/pushing them back in and there is not even a flash of leds on the mouse which makes me think is has died. Any recommendations on what to buy to replace it and where to get it from - not entirely sure I want a straight replacement if its going to die ever 17 months Rolling Eyes
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should flash either red or green. Everything else points to a problem.

Have you looked if there is still data coming from the receiver? (With Crux_View or Winfast Navigator or such). If so, try a factory reset.

Maybe the internal battery is dead? My receiver (it's the same) is about the same age - i'll have a look inside to see if there's any corrosion around the battery. I also noticed mine started to behave inconsistently.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
proeliator2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know wired mice had internal batteries! Whats the point in that??? I haven't checked it is still sending data but the odd behaviour then no lights at all indicate to me it died Sad
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have (tiny) batteries or sometimes just capacitators to keep the almanac data - that helps to acquire the fix quicker if you haven't switched the receiver off too long ago. Have a read on the background here

http://www.eaa1000.av.org/technicl/gps/gps.htm

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
proeliator2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the problem - the wire to the mouse is faulty. I found this out by spotting that the Ipaq stopped charging if I moved the mouse around. Turns out the wires must be broken right by the mouse where is goes from the stengthen part to the plain wire. I need to see if TomTom can supply a replacement wire (it seems easy to replace the cable as it has a small push fit connector inside the mouse - failing that I may try to cut and spice the cable to avoid the broken part - wish me luck Confused Laughing
proeliator2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for TomTom to get back to me for ages about the replacement cable. They first said to dhl the mouse back to them but I think they assumed it was under 1 year old and thus covered by warranty. I updated my question on their site but so far no answer and to be honest, I want satnav back.

Does anyone know of a good email address to use to get a quicker response or direct telephone number (their main number has a typical wait of over 20 minutes which, even with a VoiP phone is not so cheap!).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: