Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database Reply with quote

Jimbo, Duncan's doing major database work to bring it into a format that we can use going forward. Duncan says he'll hopefully have an update available for the end of March.

Snafu, send them in and we'll add them. We're getting new cameras on a daily basis and have tools to check for duplicates and to remove or move cameras depending on the accuracy of duplicates.
bobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database Reply with quote

In need of help again please........

I am running TTN on a 3970 and have downloaded checkPOInt and also your speed camera database from here.

When I open checkPOInt in conjunction with TTN it shows the icon in the bottom right ( blue roadsign with exclamation mark). I go into settings and set overlay of the database.

However I have now driven past 8 cameras around where I live (Oxon) and not one has shown.

Am I missing some configuration somewhere??

Darren
Frequent Visitor

We started our database by combining all the cameras that the team had recorded as well as all those whose locations were published. This has now grown to include all the cameras reported by our reader base. The thing to remember is that all the data has been captured bu users, we cannot guarantee that all cameras as in the database so if you spot some that aren't, record their location using the software and submit them to us. We will then add them to the next release. As time goes on you should then find fewer new sites.

One of the benefits of using a POI utility such as POI-Warner or Checkpoint is the ability to configure a hardware button to record new locations, so if you are driving along and spot a camera site that isn't in the database you hit the button to log it, then you submit your file to us for inclusion.
bobby
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the comment, however my biggest concern is that the siftware and database are not working at all.

I have copied the database into the GB map directory on my secure disk memory card and then activate checkPOInt , but nothing seems to happen.

The speed camera logo still doesnyt appear in the Tom tom POI options.....Should it???

Please help
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Providing you've copied it into the map directory where you have the large 85mb map file, you should then see it in the list of POI files when you go into the POI tab from the Navigator screen. It should appear at the bottom.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

BTW, forgot to mention, make sure you copy both the .OV2 file and the associated .BMP file with the same name into this directory.
bobby
Occasional Visitor

Yeah , have the files in the same folder , however drove 200 miles today through 5 counties and not a single note?

Having said this the file doesnt appear in the POI tab in navigator ? so something must be wrong.

Navigator keeps locking up every tim I go into the POI screen so going to uninstall everything and reinstall
bobby
Occasional Visitor

Uninstalled everything and resinstalled it today.

Still cannot see the POI.

Bascally have installed the GB Map onto the 128MB Secure Disk.

Copied and pasted the bitmap and ov2 file but still nothing.

Also everytime I go into the navigator properties tab where the POI are, it wont allow me to close the screen??? Everytime I click the x inb the top right the same screen reappears?

HELP HELP HELP

Dave
Frequent Visitor

Bobby, what files (exact file names) are you copying and to which exact directory name ?
bobby
Occasional Visitor

SORTED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checked my version that I ordered of TomTom and it was 1.2!!!!!!

Just upgraded to 1.5 and all is OK, highlighted the POI etc and alls there.

Will go out and try later
bobby
Occasional Visitor

How do I allocate the new speedcamera positions that I find the same speed camera bitmap as the others in the database/ Currently checkPOInt just gives a star like sign like the Red Hot Chili Peppers logo?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Version 1.042 of our UK Safety Camera Database is now available for download. We have also updated the page with detailed instructions on the best ways of installing/updating the database on your Pocket PC. The install instructions cover GPSAssist, POI-Warner and CheckPOInt.

For further details, please check out the UK Safety Camera Database page.
Wobbles
Occasional Visitor

Hi I have just added Navman 3400 to my iPAQ what are my options for safety camera alerts.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately zero at the present time. There's no way of adding any sort of POI databases to Navman SmartST Pro.
Wobbles
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Dave for the prompt reply. Are there any packages that I can use whilst not running NAVMAN 3400 that will use the Jacket for safety camera detection.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 4 of 22

Jump to: