Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 3rd faulty Emtac Bluetooth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

3rd faulty Emtac Bluetooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
APK1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: 3rd faulty Emtac Bluetooth Reply with quote

After 11 months my original Emtac bluetooth failed, the green light dying
and not picking up any satellites, this whilst on holiday in France, the
replacement lasted 2 months before doing the same, the third unit arrived 2
weeks ago, since when I have been off work, have now gone to use to go to
Alton towers tomorrow, and I can't believe it this one has also died !

I know this is a common problem, but cannot believe this is normal ?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any radiating elements in your body? 8O

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Brandon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Check charger Reply with quote

Have you been using the same charger for all three of the Bluetooth GPS units? If so, I would find out if you can get a replacement charger. That could be the source of your problem. There was a recall about a year ago for some of the chargers. Also, I would suggest turning the unit on to let the battery drain overnight. Then the next morning plug it into the charger and see if the green light comes on.

-Brandon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say the Emtac's have been one of the better GPS's for not failing. Personally I use the standard Pocket PC charger (mains) and have not had any problems with it.
APK1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for taking so long to repost, I think th eproblem is caused by using the unit in 2 cars, my main car is BMW with permanently live socket, so emtac fully carges all the time, other car is citroen with ignition controlled socket. The unit always seems to fail first day of holiday, i.e after not being charged overnight, does not seem to like going on and off charge, next time we go away, i'll try disconnecting the charger long belfore we reach our destination to give unit a chance to go completely flat before we use the following morning, as it seems to come back after a day or so.

Also currently I use the accesory socket to charge, but i use an arkon powered mount with charging socket on the side, anyone suggest where I can geta suitable cable for this ?
Darkjules
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Same problem for me!! Reply with quote

Hello,
I was in a holliday trip in France and after a stop on the road, my Emtac cruxII BTGPS has decided to stop working. No more position, no green led (steady or flashing) anymore.
Battery discharging/recharge did not help.
Waiting for any solution to recover it
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a factory reset with Crux_View?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Dohnut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a silalar problem with my first Emtac, brought it from Total Pda in June last year. All was fine worked great, kept asking why I had taken so long to get on the bandwagon.

But to the point, about November I switched the Emtac off Saturday evening after a good half day working (12 hours) with no problems at all. Sunday morning switched it on to find no green sat light working, shock horror what will I do now. Ran to car quickly and got paper maps out, quickly taught myself how to read them again and set off. Tried several times that day and the next to see if the Emtac would work, no luck. Was about to phone Total Pda when joy of joy it started to work again. Same thing happened again in January and again last Saturday, both times just for the day then started to work again.

Phoned Total Pda told them about the problem and that it was always on the truck charger. His advice was to switch it on and let the battery go completely flat then charge it up on the mains and see if it reset itself. Ok so I`m trying his advice, only problem is, if it only faults approximately once a month I could be out of grantee before I get the chance to send it back to Emtac.

Me thinks the little green men from Mars have something to do with it. Well it looks like it is flat as a pancake now so will put it on charge overnight. will let you know if it fails again. Watch this space in about a month, or two.

Ipaq 4150, Emtac Blooth Gps, Tom Tom 3
Plus second Emtac and third Leadtek Blooth Gps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: