Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 6010 + Dell Axim X5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

6010 + Dell Axim X5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sletti
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: 6010 + Dell Axim X5 Reply with quote

Can someone save my X5 from the fate of being thrown out of the window at great speed and considerable force?

The freshly cleared X5 works fine and dandy, but as soon as I plug in my 6010, it becomes as slow as a stunned slug on Prozac. Unplugging the device makes no difference, and only resetting the X5 restores full function.

The light on the 6010 goes from solid green to a flash of short duration every second or so, which I assume means that it has got a lock.

My inexperienced suggest either the X5 is getting confused, or it is being overwhelmed with data.

Please forgive me if I am asking a "stupid" question, but I have been unable to glean an answer from any other sources.

With many thanks and frank admiration,

Stig
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the Axim have any keyboard drivers installed? Also make sure that in Connections you have deselected the Beam reception (this will make sure the IR port isn't interfering)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Cwill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: 6010 AND VIEWSONIC V37 Reply with quote

I am having same problems anyone help??
Anglian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone help here as well.
got a dell axim x5 and the rikaline 6010. plugged it all in and running tomtom software but all i'm getting is no gps device. com 1 is selected, baud rate of 4800 selected, have disabled all other running programmes, though am getting no light at all on the receiver itself! this was sent as an alternative to another gps unit that wouldnt work in the car because of ''the metalised windscreen'' pdamods have been no help at all and still awaiting a response from rikalines tech support.

please help before another pda takes flying lessons
Jo123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: PDAMODS and Del Axim 5 in-car navigation Reply with quote

I sympathize with you, and all customers who had bought Dell Axim 5 based GPS in-car navgation system from PDAMODS. I suspect (hope I am wrong) that they know fully well that their bundle does not work, and that the components of the system, and indeed the system as a whole, are not fit for the purpose intended - which makes their advertisements somewhat misleading. Once PDAMODS have taken your money, they are very reluctunt to part with it (£288 in our case), and will not accept goods back insisting on conducting their own 'tests'. Service and communication links with the company are very poor (emails going astray, fax numbers not receiving faxes, phone calls diverted to India). It is a great pity that PDAMODS fail to appreciate that some people rely on in-car navigation in their jobs (doctors, priests, social workers) and cannot afford another £300 to buy a working replacemnet, particulary when the system supplied by PDAMODS.com had been sitting useless in the box for a month.
Marky_J
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

A way to stop the X5 from running like crap when using tomtom etc, is to power up the GPS receiver first, then run tomtom BEFORE plugging in the pda to the gps cradle or in car charger/gps receiver.
Tomtom will then after a mo or two click into life and not make the pda run at the same speed as Sinclair calculator Laughing

HTH's

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: