Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN 3 Package For Palm T3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN 3 Package For Palm T3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rusty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: TTN 3 Package For Palm T3 Reply with quote

After scouring the posts and reading the reviews on this site I have finally decided to go ahead and purchase athe TT3 Navigator package for my T3 PDA.
Just about decided on the wired version one as I have read a few comments about inconsistences with bluetooth version. I regularly use a BT phone and BT headset in car ( if I was persuaded to go for the BT version ) would there be any conflict between the devices ?

Probably going to be useing the kit in 2 cars ( mini and freelander) any probs there ? can I keep transfering the mount or do I need to purchase a second one ?
If I have assesed this option correctly I assume that I cannot import third party Post Code add ons or Speed camera data base yet. Correct ?

Thanks in anticipation before I get the card out
andrewh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have TT for T3 with BT (Gosh I like TA - twoletter acronyms Laughing )

I have used my phone with a BT headset at the same time. However, I have not tried to connect my phone to the Palm as I suspected that I might get complications if I have four devices, two of which are trying to talk to the Palm.

The BT receiver is great; I even use it when wanderig in unfamiliar towns with the receiver in a pocket.

Either way you will love it. I always use in landscape mode with extended screen.

As yet, no POI databases etc but they will come soon, and traffic and checkpoint type software is being developed by TomTom for the new platform.

Go for it!
Andrew
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that the BT will not interfere with your phone. That is unless you start to use GPRS, which will be cut off when you recieve or make a call.

The mount supplied with the TT for Palm is very robust and moving constantly betweem cars should not be a problem. If you think it may be an issue tyou could try to source a new pedastal and then just clip the pda holder between the two pedastals. I am not too sure where you would get a second pedastal though. Easy devices sell complete mounts with the pedastal so they may be willing to provide the pedastal on it's own.

User costomisable POI databases will be available very soon. This will also incorporate a proximity warning.

All other add-ons are some way off.
rusty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew/Mike,
Thanks for the replies, just gonna decide which supplier now !.
rusty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I went for the wired version, ordered it yesterday and it arrived this morning.
No problem setting it up as it more or less does it itself.
Problem is that the supplied TomTom suction mount wont stick to either of our car windscreens. Landrover Feelander and BMW Mini.
I know that the mount has good suction when applied to a flat window such as the side ones. Surely all cars have curved screens to some degree , am I expecting too much ?
The other supplied mounting option ( the flat dash mount ) is not much use either as there is no available flat surface in the intended area of positioning.
Anyone had luck with the suction mount in either of the above cars ?

Thanks
rusty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tried the suction mount again on the Freelander and got a good positive fix. Dont know why I coulndnt before. Got 9 sats straight away as car was on drive north facing. Going to try a route out this afternoon as wife got car at the mo.

Question - Can/do I need to back up the software from the supplied SD card ? or is the back up provided by the supplied CD ?.
Worried in case I lose or damage the SD card.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything you need is on the CD, backing up to another SD card is a bit pointless as the map is tied to the card.

My advice would be to buy a 256Mb card and install the system, UK and MRE maps on there. These will need to be activated, but that is a simple process. You will then have a genuine backup and keep the whole lot together.
rusty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
I have a 256 card already whats the activation process. Reason I"m asking is that I"m getting a fatal alert message when I try to open the application in my Palm. ( explained more in my posting " Done something wrong in the TOMTOM section ).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: