Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - newbie needs help with a system choise...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

newbie needs help with a system choise...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaLice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: newbie needs help with a system choise... Reply with quote

hi

ok now i am thinking about getting a gps system for my car using a PDA.

basically i want to know is a good system for around 300-400 UK pounds

i want to be able to plan routes

also i would like to know if the software can log the amount of miles you have done ?? and also if it can display your current MPH and display info such as fixed speed cameras....

if any body could help that would be great im really not wanting to spend a huge amount, the cheeper the better....

also i have a sony ericsson p900 are there any gps sytems that can be used with this ?
matty2767
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion you should decide your system on the pda first then add the software and gps after. the pda will be the hub of the system and also be the most expensive part. you can then decide whether you want a mouse gps or a unit that can also be used for when you go walking.

currently the pocket pc has most software available but palm have a couple out now coupled with the best pda available (T3).

the disadvantage with the palm products at the moment is that the support for add ons like speed cameras is on the ppc.

most sat nav programs will display current speed. but dont rely on it as it wont get you out of court if you get done for speeding.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: