Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Initial City Link
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Initial City Link
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harry66
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry have to disagree with the original poster on CityLink performance.

I have spent a few thousand quid with Ebuyer and they use CityLink for all my deliveries and they have always been great. I have even collected from their depot on one occasion and it all went well.

On one particular occasion my mobile phone company used City Link to swap my faulty phone over. The guy came and collected my faulty phone and gave me my replacement no problems. After an hour I realised I have left my SIM in the old phone. A phone and begging session later the guy came all the way back to my office and let me take the SIM out and then repacked the faulty phone in a new bag etc.
That is what I call Service - it was all MY fault and yet CityLink sorted it out.
Hunnymonster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my experience with Initial CityLink is this.....

I ordered a lens for my camera - the price after discount of that lens was £2700. It was duly dispatched by CityLink, for pre-noon delivery the following day.

Noon the following day came and went (I was in the house, painting the kitchen), I called the supplier got the tracking ID and discovered that they'd attempted to deliver it, carded (they hadn't) and would attempt delivery the following day.

Imagine my surprise when I opened the kitchen door to get some fresh air, to discover the package sat on the back step, in the p****ng down rain, unsigned for and very very wet. Luckily it was so well packed (thanks to the sender) the external dampness wasn't an issue.

Bearing in mind my back door is overlooked, and the package is that luminescent yellow that CityLink are famous for, it's a miracle it wasn't stolen.

After 4 weeks of quizzing, they finally produced the signature "I'd" signed, and needless to say the signature didn't match that of anyone in my house.

Since then I've had them repeatedly say they can't find the house (it's on every mapping program I've tried, and it's been in the A-Z since about 1984), that there's no-one in when I've been sat overlooking the front door waiting for the parcel, had parcels arrive shredded.

And going to pick up from their local depot! It's in the dodgiest area of town (and of course 15 miles there and 15 miles back)... if you were to park and leave your car unattended, there's a better than evens chance it'd be minus at least 1 wheel.

I pay suppliers extra not to use CityLink as delivery agent.

On sending stuff, CityLink is the standard courier of choice at work, unless you want a courier to meet the service they claim, in which case the mailroom always recommend one of the other couriers.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, at £2700 that must have been a Canon lens.
Hunnymonster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed - and not a waterproof one Angry
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the last one I purchased was £5400, but it did come in a large waterproof suitcase. :D
joni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another disatisfied City Linker here Rolling Eyes

Item purchased from eBay delivered when noone was in. The ubiquitous yellow and green card was left.
I telephoned and asked for the package to be delivered to my work address which is actually the same building, different entrance and postcode. Yes that would be no problem.

Next day, no delivery at work but yet another yellow and green card at home despite a clear notice on the front door explaining the arrangement. Phoned again spoke to someone different who flatly refused to believe that the original conversation could have taken place Question "We can only deliver to the specified address"

Given that I could quote the parcel reference and prove that I had received the two cards, one would have thought that they could have done the decent thing.
I had to make contact with the eBay seller who was on his holidays by this time and he eventually let them know that it was in order to deliver to the work address. I put my notice on the front door again.

three days later I got the yellow and green card again on the mat at home Rolling Eyes

The next phonecall was not a happy one. It was explained to me that clients expressly chose City Link because of it's tight security and deviation from the original instruction was highly unusual and would cause a problem from time to time...no apology but a promise that they would deliver the next day. Next day came and went and when I went home I found another green and yellow on the mat.

I did finally receive the parcel the next day but only because my wife was at home Confused

These guys are best avoided :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: