Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Switching between modes modes without using stylus pin
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Switching between modes modes without using stylus pin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
genghisackroyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Switching between modes modes without using stylus pin Reply with quote

My Cip has just arrived an whilst looking/messing I note that I can move the XT/ST switch with my fingernail without messing around finding (read 'losing') the stylus or stabbing myself with a pin.

If I was to do this would the modes actually change or must the switch move to exactly the right place?

Ta
CheshireCat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: ST-XT switch Reply with quote

To my mind, a serious design flaw with the Clip-On is that the plastic component with the pin hole is the same colour as the component that is the power switch. This makes it difficult to believe that the ST/XT switch is separate from the power switch. It would be impossible to switch mine from XT to ST with anything other than a fine point (a blackthorn thorn works very well). The ST and XT marks on the case align with the location of the pinhole in the respective modes when the device is powered off.
I think you mentioned in another post that you would be using your Clip-On for walking. If so, you might seriously consider "downgrading" from version 2 of the XT firmware to version 1. After upgrading my V1 Clip-On to V2, I found that at walking pace, it reported my position 100-200yds behind actual position. The track of a walk that went round a right-angled field boundary would show a curve well within the angle. When walking, I want to know where I am now, not where I was a couple of minutes ago so I reflashed back to V1 and have not regretted it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: