Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - trackers and tomtom?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

trackers and tomtom?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DONKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: trackers and tomtom? Reply with quote

just a quickie........my company has today installed trackers in all staff vans Rolling Eyes and my tomtom unit pocket pc is no longer picking up any satellites, its only happened today so maybe its something and nothin but i was just wondering if there are any common issues with trackers and sat nav systems such as any interference between the 2
snooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Sat problems Reply with quote

I run tom tom navigator and a gps camera detector (Snooper S4) both GPS receivers are on my dashboard approx 8 inches apart and don't interfere with one another.

Hope I have been of some help.

Snooper
IPAQ RZ1710
Tom Tom Navigator vers 4.4
Belkin TuneCast II
Snooper S4 neo

Dashboard Technology
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: trackers and tomtom? Reply with quote

DONKEY wrote:
just wondering if there are any common issues with trackers and sat nav systems such as any interference between the 2

The best way to find out would be to see if your Tom Tom works normally when you are not in the car! Wink
DONKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the replies. it seems to be the effect the tracker is having on my sat nav as it works when im not in the van and also works in other cars. my sat nav can have up to 10 or 11 satellites and when i get to next to the drivers door on my tracker equipped van Rolling Eyes it loses all signals and gps position is lost.ive rang tracker techcnical dept but am still awaiting a reply as its an answerphone service 8O , has any1 ever heard of any associated problems with trackers and sat nav systems?
DONKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just in case its any use to any1 i have a mitek mio 168 with tomtom3 and the tracker fitted vehicle it wont work in is a ford fiesta van Question
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can guess at here is that the antenna used by the tracker is bad quality, and is bleeding RF interference all over the place. I work with trackers and I've never known of one to be that bad. It could be a duff antenna, or just a rubbish brand (we test ours in proper labs before we use a new type to make sure that doesn't happen). I'd mention it to your fleet manager and have them change the antenna.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: