Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - http://www.global positioning systems.co.uk/
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

http://www.global positioning systems.co.uk/
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golf_Juliet_Tango
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is now 11 February.
I sent an e-mail to this company on 1 February
I follwed up with ane-mail on 7 and 8 February
I still get NO response.
If i am disappointed with the supply, I am now ANGRY and CROSS about the (use your own adjective) parody of customer service. The patronising voice on the automated switchvoice saying: too busy carries a strong sub-text of "we can't be bothered".
How do you complain if they won't respond to e-mail and cann'y be bothered to put sufficient operators in the call centre?
Next wee I will contact my local Trading Standards office.
Catherine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello golf_juliet_tango

I'm concerned to hear that you haven't received a reply from us, as we have no outstanding emails dating back that far. As you know, we allocate ticket (reference) numbers to every email we receive, if you could give me your ticket number and tell me which address you sent your emails to I can investigate this further.

My email address is catherine.hinchcliffe@spotlightguides.co.uk and I'll do whatever I can to help you.

Catherine Hinchcliffe

Customer Services Manager
Golf_Juliet_Tango
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine
A note in public to acknowledge that you have replied to me, thank you.
I have also raised your technical support desk after three (or was it four) attempts this morning. When I got through they were very good and have confirmed the discs supplied by TomTom as faulty, as other software loads correctly.
As for "Where did I send the e-mails?"... The first was via the reply link on the order confirmation, the second was the link in the header information on this site and the third - possibly via the link at the bottom of the page, none were typed in by me. I have sent you copies of these via direct (named as opposed to generic customer services) mail. This is what generated a response. Perhaps a call to your IT department is required.
The situation has been ameliorated, your staff technical training is clearly good, it has yet to be rectified or solved.
Catherine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Golf_Juliet_Tango

It's good to hear we are now starting to address the problems you are experiencing, however, I would still appreciate it if you could e-mail me personally with information about the emails you sent e.g what email address did you send them from. did you receive a ticket number, if so what was it etc

As you say, I need to get our IT department to look into this so any further information you can apply would be very much appreciated.

Catherine Hinchcliffe
sywy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine wrote:
SYWY

What's the ticket number from your email and I'll get this moving for you?

Can you email it to me at catherine.hinchcliffe@spotlightguides.co.uk

Thank you

Catherine Hinchcliffe
Customer Services Manger
Spotlight Guides Ltd

Just like to thank Catherine and Grant for sorting out my problem and arranging a replacement very quickly.
nikpro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Super service! Reply with quote

Ordered CPL5 late Friday Night ; it was delivered early Monday Morning; excellent service thank you!!
SparkyMarky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to post this for a while now, so I thought I may as well add my recent experiences of globalpositioningsystems.co.uk...

My first order was placed with them just before Christmas, for a Dell Axim X3i & TomTom bundle, with an extra memory card, and I also paid extra for next day delivery. The order was dispatched quickly, but the couriers sent it to the wrong depot (they admitted this when I rang them) so it didn't arrive the next day. I e-mailed globalpositiningsystems.co.uk (as they request in their order confirmation details) before Christmas to tell them this, but have never had a response, or a refund of the delivery charge as stated.

When I got the package, the extra memory card was missing. However I can't fault globalpositioningsystems.co.uk on their response to this. I rang them the next day, and the missing card was dispatched straight away.

So, giving them the benefit of the doubt, I placed a second order with them on the 7th Jan for a HP 4700 & TomTom bundle, which stated that it came with a Seidio mount and a TomTom car kit. This was ideal for me, as having both mounts would give me the flexibility I was looking for. This time I paid extra for Saturday delivery.

This time the courier managed to deliver the package to the wrong house, which I only discovered when I traced the parcel on the courier's website and recognised the name of the person who had signed for receipt. I may as well not have bothered paying for the Saturday delivery, as I didn't get the parcel until Sunday evening in the end.

When I opened the parcel I was disappointed to find a Malaysian spec Ipaq, and the TomTom car kit was missing. So...

I rang customer services on Monday morning. After being assured that the Malaysian spec of the Ipaq would make no difference to the warranty, I let this issue go. After a further long discussion with customer services, and actually having to persuade them to check the website to convince them, they finally agreed that I should have got the TomTom car kit as part of the bundle and so this would be dispatched immediately.

The next day a parcel arrived, but instead of the TomTom car kit I found it contained a second Seidio mount. So I went back on the phone to customer services again. This time someone would investigate and call me back that day. This never happened.

The next day I tried several times to call, but after waiting for 20 minutes + , I kept getting cut off in the same way as several other people have reported on here. I finally got through to someone the following morning who admitted that there was actually an error on the website and the bundle shouldn't actually include the TomTom car kit, however they would honour my order and send me one. Sure enough within the hour the website was changed, and the TomTom kit was removed from the advertised bundle.

That afternoon, someone from Globalpositioningsystems.co.uk tried to call me back, but used my evening contact number (they had my mobile but didn't try it) and so had to leave a message. I rang them back the next morning, but no-one could tell me why they needed to speak to me. About an hour later someone called me back again and said that the item was out of stock, and would need to go on back order, which I was fine with.

So it's now over a month later, they've been showing the TomTom car kit as back in stock for over a week now, but I still haven't received anything or heard from them. After this length of time I can't gather the motivation to ring customer services and start the saga all over again, so I guess I'll just chalk it up to experience.

So although globalpositioningsystems.co.uk seem to offer good products at good prices, from my experience I won't be using them again.

Sorry to go on for so long. Two months of frustration in one go Smile
granthine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Re tom tom mount Reply with quote

Hi SparkyMark,

I have read through your post I would much appreciate it if you could E-mail me direct grant.hine@spotlightguides.co.uk with your name and order number so I can look into this for you.
SparkyMarky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well credit where credit's due! The same day I posted my last message I got a call from Grant at globalpositioningsystems.co.uk, and everything is now sorted out. I received the missing items in the post yesterday. So although I had a bit of hassle along the way, I'm now more than happy with the end result. I've just given their name as a tentative recommendation to someone else I know, and will watch with interest to see how they do.

Thanks for the help Grant.... :D
Golf_Juliet_Tango
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted here previously. The response and service from this company was slow - over a week to get anywhere.
Today I need to contact this company again - not an enticing prospect.
I spent at least 45 minutes on hold the HELL which is automated switchboards - these perniciuos devices - common to all of this sort of comapny are the antithesis of customer service. If you are too busy to answer the telephone - give me an engaged tone every time!
I have sent two messages via their automated response system - let us see if they respond.
I really hate having to go public just to get any sort of service but it appears that you get poor service otherwise.
Catherine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again Golf_Juliet_Tango

Due to the feedback we've had from customers like yourself who've struggled to get through to our Technical team, we have decided the best way to help our customer is to provide Technical Support exclusively via email.

We've implemented a new 'Contact Us' page on our web page which makes sure emails always go to the correct department and therefore cut down on delays.

We aim to reply to emails within 24hrs and initial trials are showing we meet this target 90% of the time, which is a great improvement on the service we could offer by phone.

We will of course continue to listen to our customers feedback and always look at ways to improve the service we give.

Catherine Hinchcliffe

Spotlight Guides Ltd
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine wrote:
Hello again Golf_Juliet_Tango

Due to the feedback we've had from customers like yourself who've struggled to get through to our Technical team, we have decided the best way to help our customer is to provide Technical Support exclusively via email.

Oh dear not sure whether to laugh Laughing or cry! Crying or Very sad

Ian
MOMORRIS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a refurbished mio 168, delivery was spot on, the package however was missing a stylus, the sync cable had the usb plug fall off the end and the car charger was damaged. I was a little bit dissapointed in the quality control checks that should have taken place on my refurbished unit. The end result was an annoying wait on selection 3 to get the annoying, sorry we are to busy message. All i want to do is talk to somebody. I then decided i would e-mail, spot on brilliant the response was polite, apologetic (which made me feel a little better) and contained all the information i wanted - new goods on the way (arrived next morning). I simply cannot praise enough the person (Amy) who responded to my e-mail. (thank you). Yes the product should not have arrived how it did but i didnt have to go through the dire process of sending the cables back to then be sent replacements and being left with no active pda for a few days which i was expecting.

Would i use them again - yes with no troubles as for me the customer service after sales was second to none, its okay buying a product at a good price but the way i was dealt with when i had a problem was very satisfying.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: