Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq 3715rx + Fortuna bluetooth + TomTom Problem ???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq 3715rx + Fortuna bluetooth + TomTom Problem ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgunning1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Ipaq 3715rx + Fortuna bluetooth + TomTom Problem ??? Reply with quote

Sad Please help, I had it all working for 2 weeks, but Ipaq crashed and had to hard reset, since then re-installed tomtom ok but gps installation won't overwrite one file btcoreif and I have to continue without overwriting file, all installs ok apart from that. (btcoreif cannot be deleted)

Paired the bluetooth ok (port in 8 port out 6), but gps drops the connection after 3-4 mins, no data is sent between the devices and GPS sat light stays red. As if it can't see GPS.

But in Tom Tom gps software there is no communication between the two, tried all types of bluetooth types Sirc, Nmea? at 38400 Tom Tom wireless.

Is it this file that won't overwrite that is causing it or an I missing something.

Cheers

Paul
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure that you're installing GPS 3.07 - any earlier version is unlikely to work on a WM2003SE device like your rx3715. GPS 3.07 is available from TomTom's web site.

You should be using Navigator 3.07 on a WM2003SE device as well.

David
pgunning1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI thanks for the reply, I have the Fortuna GPS now with green lights after a reset again! connects via blue tooth ok, but shuts down after a few minutes sat and power still green, the blue light flashes but no data is sent to the pda. signal is good, no selection in GPS software allows data to be sent. ie NMEa Sirc or TomTom wirelss on bluetooth serial port 8.

I understand that updating may resolve this, but why did it work so smoothly to start with, then after a hard reset it go wrong? and why cann't that file be overwritten or shouldn't it be. Confused

Cheers
Paul Laughing
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're trying to install an old version of TomTom GPS, which was released before Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition and the Broadcom 1.5.0 Bluetooth stack used on WM2003SE iPAQs.

GPS 3.07, which is the version you're supposed to use with WM2003SE, from memory shouldn't be trying to change any Bluetooth DLLs on your machine - if it succeeded in doing so, it would probably change them to older versions which would then trash the Bluetooth stack. Installing GPS 3.07 on an iPAQ hx4700 doesn't require you to give permission to overwrite any DLLs - I assume it's similar on the rx3715.

If you're installing from a recent CD pack, you must install the software from the update CD - otherwise Navigator 3.07 and GPS 3.07 are available from the TomTom web site.

If you've somehow installed an older version of the software, you may need to hard reset again to get things back into a sane state.

Here's what I'd do:

Firstly, check you're on GPS 3.07 - if not, install GPS 3.07 as older versions just don't work with Bluetooth GPSes on WM2003SE iPAQs.

Then slide the mode switch on your Clip On to the other position, wait ten seconds, slide it back, and wait ten seconds, then switch on - that should reset it to NMEA mode.

Configure TomTom GPS to "TomTom Wireless GPS" and your outgoing Bluetooth serial port.

If it doesn't work then, hard reset the iPAQ, install Navigator 3.07 and GPS 3.07 and configure as above.

David
Pimms
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Have followed this thread as I'm having similar problems getting my Ipaq (3870 WPPC 2003) seeing any satellite info form the BT Fortuna GPS device.

Bluetooth is synced/paired and is receiving data (BT connection status)
TT GPS (3.07) settings are NMEA 0183v2 38400 BT com port 5 (o/g port)

The small icon (black dots) in the GPS s/w status window is not showing any comms between the PDA and GPS unit.

Have tried both GPS modes, reset & battery outages.

I'm beginning to suspect a dodgy device as the Iapq works with the TT GPS BT unit.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Pimms
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the above.

Now is working?? Had the Ipaq set up for the above profile and then after a 15min battery outage it burst into action Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: