Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HI-204E Red Light constantly on!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HI-204E Red Light constantly on!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hackmaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: HI-204E Red Light constantly on! Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Some help needed....

I have a IPAQ H5550 + HI-204E + TomTom3

it was working fine and i was well happy with it, whne it was working the light (red) would flash to indicate conectivity with satelites i presume.

it now does not work... the red light is constantly on and does not detect anything, says GPS position unrelaible...

im stuck as to wot to do...

help required please !!
NatSav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

This problem caught me out when I first got the Haicom
It seems to happen when the Ipaq has been swithed off for more than 3 days, the haicom looses its charged power and thus forgets where the satellites are located.
What I tend to do is either run the gps utility program found on the cd that came with the haicom, or the free navigator prog located in the downloaed section pf this web site. this sort of wakes up the GPS, or unplug the haicom from the ipaq whilst switched on then plug back in again, not sure if this is approved but it works for me.

This above problem is the only bug bear with this great gps which i have taken on 2 good length hikes and it hasn't let me down once.

Only thing to be careful of is it can easily slip out of the CF socket if you are not careful, and yep its ugly!!!....but it works

HTH

Nat
hackmaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me,

I apologise im a little new to all this and not sure what you mean when you say to try the tools on the cd... do i install them to the IPAQ and do this?

I did try to unplug the GPS Reciever whilst still conntected and waited for a while but still the red light remains... arrghh really p*ssed me off as it has usually been EXCELLENT on long journeys and saved me time and effort when I get lost!

I will take a look at the programs/tools available and see if they are installable on the IPAQ if so i will try what you suggested.

Quote:
Only thing to be careful of is it can easily slip out of the CF socket if you are not careful, and yep its ugly!!!....but it works

This one connects to the small port at the bottom, my unit is the small blue GPS 'mouse' and it sits on the dashboard, Is there such a device that connects to the compact flash? that would be great,

Thanks again

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: