Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help required copying Tom Tom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help required copying Tom Tom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Help required copying Tom Tom Reply with quote

I have an IPAQ RZ1710 with Tom Tom Navigator I also have a Kingston 512mb SD card.

I have tried to make a backup copy of tt navigator on the Kingston 512mb SD Card. I inserted the card into my printer reader and opened the SD Card on my IPAQ and copied the files across by dragging them.

A message appear converting to desktop pc

The problem I have is that it appears the files are all there on the backup copy but when I insert the SD card and run TT I get the licence agreement screen and then a message NO MAPS but on the SD card the maps appear to be there. Crying or Very sad

CAN ANYONE HELP Question

Many Thanks in anticipation.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not try to use Active Sync for this. Take your existing card out of the 1715, copy all its contents to a temporary folder on your PC, and then insert the new card and copy the stuff back. Make sure that on your PC you are not hiding system files etc.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
snooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin

I did what you said but I still get the no maps error Crying or Very sad

Any other ideas Question

Snooper
rinkrat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had exactly the same problem with the same Kit. the only difference was I was using a 512mb Viking MMC which I had already used in some other Kit. The MMC card was blank and I copied to it from a direct copy of the supplied SD card which I had made on my PC via a USB card writer.

I got exactly the same error as you even though all the files appered on the MMC card.

More luck than judgement I reformated the card in the usb writer in FAT32 format and by copying the files again this time it was OK !

Hope this helps you too as I was baffled to as to why it would'nt work first time around !

Tony
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snooper wrote:
Any other ideas

If you are using ActiveSync, then make sure that on the ActiveSync - Options - Converstion Settings - UN-TICK Convert files........
when moving them to your HD and them sending them back to your new card on your PDA, remember to tick it afterwards.

If you are using a card reader, then when you have copied the files to your HD, RIGHT Click them ALL, and make sure that there are NO Attributes set at all, all clear, then copy them to the new card.

If you are using a card reader this can be the problem, some makes just will not work when copying files to a storage card, some even destroy the correct format for cards to work with digi cameras as well.
snooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for this valuable help.

I have used all the advice above and succesfully copied the files over to the 512mb disk.

It works :P

Excellent forum I have learnt such a great deal about TT GPS keep the good work up . :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: