Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CF card changed its name
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CF card changed its name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: CF card changed its name Reply with quote

I have happily been running the ukpostcode add-on with TomTom for about a year. The application and data files are on a CF card, and I have a short cut in the program menu. Suddenly today, when I tapped the short cut, I got an error message "Cannot find 'ukpostcode' (or one of its components)....."
After a while, I realised that when I explore My Device the card is shown as CF card, whereas in the past it has always appeared as CF card 2. The short cut is pointing to CF card 2 and does not therefore find the application.
I tried renaming the card, but was unable to do that. I can start the application if I use File Explorer to go into the card and tap the application icon. It seems that the obvious thing to do is to delete the short cut which points to CF card 2, and create a new one to what the card has chosen to call itself today. The only problem is that it was a year ago when I last did this, and I have forgotten how to create a short cut in the start menu which points to an application on the card. Can someone please remind me how to do it.
Robin
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have done it!
After playing around for a little longer I suddenly remembered I can use the Explore function in ActiveSync twice to open 2 windows simultaneously corresponding to CF Card and Windows Start Menu/Programs. It was then a simple matter to create a short cut in the former and drag it to the latter. Maybe there is a more elegant way to do it, but it worked and my postcode program is up and running again.
But I'd still like to know why the CF card suddenly changed its name, without any intervention from me. Does anyone know?
Robin
RedSkel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should mention this. I had a CF card and an 256SD card in my system and everything was hunky dory until I upgraded my SD card to 1GB. The cards changed names and shortcuts did not work. I'd copied everything on the 256MB card to the 1GB as it was so nothing should have changed.

After a few plays - just turning it on and off, looking in file explorer to see what was happening, it appeared to right itself and has worked okay since.

Hmm.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: