Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Few Questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Few Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
celica18st
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Few Questions Reply with quote

Ok I'm new to all this,

I just got an SPV C500, a 512MB Mini-SD Card and tomtom mobile and I've got a few questions.

I have installed loads of POI's including the Safety Camera Database. I also installed the custom voices to tell me there was cameras etc instead of annoying boings and bells. That all went fine, so I took it for a test, every time I came up towards a fixed gatso the phone alerted me by saying "Mobile". This works ok but I thought it was supposed to say "Gatso" followed by the speed? Do I need to set this somewhere? Also how does it know the speed as the database doesn't seem to contain that information?

My only other question is:

Is there anyway to just display the speed you are going in big letters on the screen? I'm figuring the answer is NO but I thought I'd ask anyway. If not is there anyway to get the speed from either Tomtom, TTGPSEng.exe, or Direct from the GPS Receiver? If there is I could quite easily write a program to display the speed.

Many Thanks in Advance
flasher
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when setting the alert sound for each camera type ya need to make sure ya assign the correct ones

below is a guide

Beep 1 = Gatso
Beep 2 = Gatso 30
Beep 3 = Gatso 40
Beep 4 = Gatso 50
Beep 5 = Gatso 60
Bell 1 = Mobile
Bell 2 = Mobile 30
Bell 3 = Mobile 40

Boing = Mobile 50
Bugle = Mobile 60
Cow = Mobile 70
Cuckoo = Red Light
Polite 1 = Specs
Polite 2 = Temporary
Polite 3 = Credits

regarding the speed in big letters....not possible

using TomTom & CoPilot

Pocketgpsworld iphone cameralert app
flasher
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your not sure on how to assign tones

then heres pointer in the right direction

click select, change preferences, click next, maintain POI, warn when near POI

select a POI , set distance, then set alert sound

you`ll need to do this for each POI ( camera )

using TomTom & CoPilot

Pocketgpsworld iphone cameralert app
celica18st
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok sorted the standard cameras now. They all work, but I don't have the speeds in. The database I downloaded from here just has one category - which is Gatso's, is there a new database to download or do I need to make new poi categories and put each camera in the right category (which would be a right pain!)

But back to the other question - OK you can't put the speed up - that's fair enough - but does anybody know much about the TTGPSEng.exe file? I've read that it works as a standalone program in TTNavigator and will show you your location etc, when I run it on tomtom mobile, I just get the satellite icon at the top left, but no program appears. Is it possible to interface with this application or does it require the unreleased sdk for the NavCore technology?

Many Thanks (again)
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom GPS only has a visible user interface in Navigator 1-3 on the Pocket PC. "Common platform" TomTom software doesn't have this - though on the Pocket PC version, you can get similar by entering the "Configure GPS" option. I don't know whether TomTom Mobile has anything similar - I've only used "common platform" TomTom software on the Pocket PC.

Maybe someone can recommend software similar to Leadtek (Winfast) Navigator for Pocket PC for the SmartPhone.

David
celica18st
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you can get to the page by going to Configure GPS, but you have to have tomtom loaded.

I would like to program something that accesses the bluetooth GPS unit directly - but don't really know where to start with this
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, maybe someone can recommend something similar to Leadtek (Winfast) Navigator for the SmartPhone, which is a standalone program.

Not having a SmartPhone myself, I really don't have much idea about SmartPhone software.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: