Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - January Update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

January Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
15SC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: January Update Reply with quote

Just downloaded the Jan safety camera update and noticed the new folder, speed zoned, which contains folders mobile and gatso which contain additional .ov2 and .bmp files. Are these files relevant to Tom Tom Go?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't be able to use the .wav files, for the moment at least, in TTG.

R
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 15SC,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

The PocketGPSWorld camera database isn’t intended solely for the TomTom Go Wink . The database was actually started when the version of TomTom Navigator 1 (for the Pocket PC) was released that was able to use custom POIs. When TomTom released the SDK, third parties were able to write add-ons for TTNav such as POI Detectors.

Nowadays, the PocketGPSWorld camera database can be installed on TomTom, CoPilot, Navman, and other products. Some products allow the use of the database without any change, whilst others require a little work. Richard (Oldie) has included files in the zipped version of the database that can be used by the more popular packages. Therefore not all of the files are needed by TomTom Go, TTNav, CoPilot, Navman, etc.

We have a dedicated forum for the PocketGPSWorld camera database, which can be found here.

In that forum you will see a thread on the current database here.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: January Update Reply with quote

15SC wrote:
Just downloaded the Jan safety camera update and noticed the new folder, speed zoned, which contains folders mobile and gatso which contain additional .ov2 and .bmp files. Are these files relevant to Tom Tom Go?

There's no reason why they shouldn't work on GO.

However, it's a mammoth task to add a speed limit to each camera and - from what I can see - the vast majority are still unclassified, with only a few being in each specific speed group.

Since it takes more effort to set up a large number of categories on TTG - each with its own sound etc. - I decided to stick with the un-zoned ones for the time being.

Roger
bestyman
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
This thread may also help

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=16134&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Personally I chose to use the new files as most in the Leeds area are updated into speed zone groups. Like I have mentioned before any that I find that are not in groups I simply email the limit in and it is updated the following month.

Not wanting to sound like a Victor but if everyone one this site took just 10 minutes to email in limits of local cams the database could be almost perfect overnight. Its a simple case of getting the cam number ( navigate to>point of interst>pocketgps uk gatso ???> then a list of nearby cams is displayed) then adding @40 or@50 etc then emailing it in .

If anyone needs any help doing this post here and I will gladly assist.

In the link I posted above I mentioned that for the uk pocketgps mobile groups to work properly on the tomtomgo you will need different bitmaps to the ones supplied. I have made said BMPs , so if anyone wants them let me know and I will email them.

Mark
15SC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the very helpful info.

Clearly I have a lot to learn!

Thanks again.
Podie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As bestyman says, take a look at that other thread.

I've got the speed cameras working with the speed limit being flashed up…

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: