Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTM or Route66?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTM or Route66?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philhoward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: TTM or Route66? Reply with quote

As they both seem the same price (give or take a couple of quid), is one better than the other?

Route66 appears to occasionally have strange routing instructions, but TT traffic doesn't seem to be too good, unlike (as it seems) the Route66 traffic info.

Anyone tried both, and which one would you recommend?

I'm currently using TT3, so am familiar with the TomTom interface, and i'll be using it on a Nokia 6600.

Before anyone asks, I have read the reviews on here for both, but that hasn't really swayed me as they're not a direct comparison..
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know the traffic information source is identical for TT Traffic and R66 Traffic....

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
PaulBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil (or is it Howard?) I'm interested in your comment below ...
Quote:
Before anyone asks, I have read the reviews on here for both, but that hasn't really swayed me as they're not a direct comparison..

I am in a slightly different position - I have an Ipaq 2210 / GPS receiver / Memory Map which I was always going to use more than a Sat Nav package but I will get sat nave software too (eventually) and would like to compare products
Despite the excellent reviews here of all the contenders in the sat nav market (TT3 CoPilot Route66 etc) there is no way to compare one against the other ?
Perhaps there is some other site which does compare them all ? Would a PC Mag Site be the place to look ?
TT3 seems to be the most popular amongst people I know and appears to have some decent extras you can "bolt on"
How have people here decided which product to buy ?
Paul ;)
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a comparison database - ever looked at that? It's for the NA market only, but it's a start...

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/compareomatic/index.php?TempID=21

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
PaulBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz - Yes I should have said I had looked at the comparison database which is excellent to see what features each system has etc but it doesn't really help me decide which is the best one to go for - I suppose it would be easier if there was one product that was streets ahead of the rest (sorry) but that does not seem to be the case
Pocket GPS World do an excellent job here & have the best most informative site I have seen on GPS etc but not suprisingly you do not promote one particular product over another
I guess if I choose one of the best known products I will not be disappointed ... Paul ;)
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right - if there would be one clear leader then we would not need this site.

For me the most interesting part is to understand the design philosophies behind each product. It is unbelievable how much they are influenced by the people writing them, by their personal perception of how things shoud work.

End user feedback , however strong it may be, is only a small, annoying side factor to them . Most program designers tend to ignore that - as you can see with nearly all of the programs out.

Well, good for us - we can keep ranting ;-) Imagine how boring it would be if all of a sudden one vendor would implement all user demands.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
philhoward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, despite asking, I've decided to get TomTom Mobile in the end. I've got used to TT3 on the old Mitac, so will see how good TTM is with the "improvements". Perhaps I was subconciously biased anyway, but just like the appearance over Route66.

I should be able to do a back-to-back comparison between TT3 and TTM soon, as well as see how the POI's for the speed camera do. Also need to keep an eye out for ukpostcode ported to Series 60 Symbian!

BTW, paid £57 for TTM; £10 below globalpositioningsystems...we'll see if it turns up tomorrow as promised!

If it does, I might just have to reveal the new source...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: