Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mounting a G2500 Seidio Car Mount?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mounting a G2500 Seidio Car Mount?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burdell1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Mounting a G2500 Seidio Car Mount? Reply with quote

I just bought a Seidio G2500 PDA mount and was looking to use the suction cup windshield mount on the dashboard instead of the window. What is the best way to mount it onto the dashboard without damaging the dashboard in the future when I remove it? i don't want to attach it to the air vent and I do not want to attach it to the window with the suction cup mount. Do they make a swivel mount similar to this http://store1.yimg.com/I/gomadic-new_1811_912020 one that just mounts on the dashboard. Otherwise, is there any way to take off the suction cup on the bottom of the one that comes with the G2500 and put some sort of clip so I can mount it to on my dashboard easier?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Seidio should have come with a black plastic "saucer" that sticks with double sided tape to the top of the dash and the vacuum suction locks into this.
seidioseidio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
The Seidio should have come with a black plastic "saucer" that sticks with double sided tape to the top of the dash and the vacuum suction locks into this.

Hi,

Yes, we do have this available.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MWS1%2DAT

David Chang
Seidio
Steeve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to get a G2500 for my 2210 and am not sure what mounting option to go for- i either want the windshield suction or the dashboard suction but looks like I need to order this cup aswell? what size arm will I need- i Have a bmw 3 series 1 yr old the dash is quite wide and so probably need the 14"?
Erick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steeve,

see my post here : http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12083

using G2500, mounted on the swivel mount that it came with. I used the goose neck for awhile (8") but that failed in no time (the suction base became loose, after time, and can no longer hold suction.. ) I try to use the 'vent' mounts-but that restricted the use of the vents itself, plus it was too bouncy. I finally purchased ProClip USA's dash mounts- that are car model specific for proper fit- (VW Passat) and attached the swivel mount on that.. and it is the best set up i've had- clean, no clutter, and solid!
I believe ProClip does offer options for BMW, and lots of other models.

here's my other post:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12083

Erick.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: