Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OnCourse Navigator Sweepstakes 2 of 2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OnCourse Navigator Sweepstakes 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Why I'd like to win... Reply with quote

SimonCatlin wrote:
Having read the review and seen the on-site demos, there are some features I liked, such as the map cutting (although Mapopolis already does this).

Mapopolis does not do map cutting of any kind. Instead, you can manually load county maps as well as Major State Road maps.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
mupp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the way it loads entirely from the SD card, DLL files just overwhelm a PDA's internal memory these days and make hard re-sets a real pain.
Also like the 3D view, to me it is so much more instinctive (why has it taken Garmin so long to catch onto this?)
A lanyard hole??? Are we going hiking?
The voice commands feature sounds interesting, although a bit gimicky. If I had the radio on in the car would it react to the announcer? :D
Price seems reasonable although I would probably choose a bundle which included a larger SD card.
msc41
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Why oh why would i want this, well Reply with quote

Several reasons really, currently im a ipaq 4150 user, frustrated with the fact that it will not upgrade to SE, probably dont need this but hey it would be very nice, as noone here would complain about it!! anyways with this in mind im considering trading in my 4150 for an alternative se version but waiting for the funds to arrive. Im currently a student studying in cambridge,Uk, so funding arriving for stuff like this could take a while.
Anyways why would i like this model specifically, for one simple reason, because you can cut maps, ive used tomtom 3 on mates pda's (I dont have a gps unit). and its fantastic, but not exactly in the amazing catagory. this however is an all in one unit, with the ability to cut maps. what this would mean is that I would be able to take a map, plot a course, then cut out every road which i wouldnt use on the way there, cutting memory useage to the minimum, making this a 100% efficient system. JUST BECAUSE I CAN!!! And thats the only reason i would like this over anyone else, is that i could do the stupid things with it, which noone else would ever consider!!! (also im working in the state all being well (permit permitting!!!)) also the sympothy vote for being a stupid boy, and buying a good pda with hp have abandoned with regards updates :'(
the sd to go thing is also cool, but cant u do that by regediting a normal pda, so that a hardreset will load all the programs you want into it.

thanks for reading.
A begging student,
Mat
andygrove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing for me would be running entirely from the SD card. You can't imagine how embarrassing it is to get you ipaq out and go to start TTnav only to find that your battery has run down and the device is wiped. Happened twice to me now, just when I needed it the most.
Commander
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be visiting the states later in the year and do not currently have any US maps so this would be very handy.

Judging from the review and the web site it seems to provide all that one would expect in a Sat Nav system. The Trip planer with unlimited stopovers on both PDA and PC sounds useful and the provision of a pedestrian mode is worth having. I thought it is cool that the display also shows altitude. Given the size of the country the ability to custom cut maps has got to be worth something.

But of course I suppose there is only one way to be really sure whats hot and whats not and that would be to buy it and try it, or perhaps . . . . . .
paulloren
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: On Course Navigator Reply with quote

Love:
Love Support for VGA & Landscape PPC
Storage Card Run on Support
Pedestriam Mode
NavTeq Maps
Map Cutting Feature
Long Distance Routing
Small File Size( ALL us on 1 SD)
Canada Maps

Dislike: Price
Upgrade Price requires me to mail them me existing software
Activation: I have multiple PDA's will cost me bucks for each one

I have aleady shelled out bucks for Pharos, Navman, Space Machine, Iguidance. They all have Positives but also negatives.

Looks loke a great app, but not sure I want to spend my own money and give up own of my apps to upgrade at this point. But I would be glad to win a copy and if its the whole bag of chips I would glady recommend to others. So I hope I win
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sweepstake is now closed. Thank you very much for participating.

Congratulations to our winner !!! This time it is (drum roll)

Falkien

Please contact me via PM for your shipping details.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: