Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sounds for POI
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sounds for POI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparky_135
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Sounds for POI Reply with quote

I have a IPAQ 3417 with tom tom 3 navigator installed.

I would like to add sound files to my POI ( Speed camera's), I have found some sound files at http://www.griffinnet.co.uk/downloads.htm (Sound pack for checkPOInt )

Can anyone help me further as where do i install these sounds so that tom tom will give me a warning that a speed camera is approching.

Thanks for your help.......
Qhunter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't really matter where you put the sounds as long as they are in the PDA somewhere. The obvious place is to put them in the tomtom folder.

You then need to start checkpoint and then call up "overlay settings" from the checkpoint icon on the taskbar. This will bring up all the individual overlays. Highlight each one, one at a time and click "properties". You are now at a multi tabbed page and you need to select the "First warning tab". At the bottom of that page there is a browse selector from where you can find the sound files you require. Once that is done you need to go and do the same in the "last warning" page. Then... you have to do the same for every overlay. Not a difficult job but definitely repetitive and tedious.
sparky_135
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: thnaks Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply........

Not sure if i have checkpoint on my pda.

I can activate my points of intrest from the property menu in tom tom 3 navigator. All I can do is turn them on or off.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: