Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO POI Speedcamera POI database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO POI Speedcamera POI database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I can talk you through this as I don't use a Windows PC. I use an Apple Mac and it's drag and drop OK on that.

Can you find the total size of data used on the 128Mb? Probably need to be connected to your PC to do this? I've heard that the 128Mb SD card does not like to be completely full up.

Have you put any other Points of Interest groups on? There's a limit of 40 of these.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read your post again. The .ov2 and .bmp files have to go in the Great-Britain-Map FOLDER. They won't (and shouldn't) go in the Great-Britain-Map.cfg FILE.
Dazp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH! I have a Great-Britain-map...and a Great_Britain navigator map file/folder thing..just tried it in the 'Navigator' one and its installed HA_HEEEY hallelujah. Its only took me 3 days!
Thanks everyone Embarassed Crying or Very sad Wink
One problem..when I set a course where I know theres a gatso,why cant i see it when I check the route, pictures went in for all except the continental Question
God I'm so happy now... :P
showsyer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got the new ipaq1710z with tom tom in it put in the speed camera settings and it is working fine best thing i have bought apart from pc Smile
RoystonVasey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Downloading safety camera positions Reply with quote

To install the software you need to have the TT Go connected to your PC and the power supply (as stated in the manual) connected to your TT Go. You then need to ensure that your TT Go is turned on, you will see that it displays the USB connectivity to your PC on it's screen. When you decide to download the software you should save to your TT Go through the USB/drive it's connected to on your PC. When you find this drive you will see the TT Go folder option and it is here on the TT Go you should save the information which will have been compressed. I did this today and it worked fine. Hope this isn't too confusing.
himpressive
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazp wrote:

One problem..when I set a course where I know theres a gatso,why cant i see it when I check the route, pictures went in for all except the continental Question

Hve you tried:
change preferences>Maintain POI>Enable POI>tick POI? Wink
Dazp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah cheers Himp, I got it all sorted now...just had a blonde weekend thats all, Cheers all Wink
keikiwai
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: POI's alert Reply with quote

Hi all.
My question relates to the active points of interest. After adding POI's (eg. safety camera's), can you specify the distance for the alert (eg. 200m or 1 mile) ? Also, how does the alert display itself ? Is it just audio, or audio and visual on the display ?
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click the "Warn.........." button on the Preferences and it will cycle you through all the options you want.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: POI's alert Reply with quote

keikiwai wrote:
Hi all.
My question relates to the active points of interest. After adding POI's (eg. safety camera's), can you specify the distance for the alert (eg. 200m or 1 mile) ? Also, how does the alert display itself ? Is it just audio, or audio and visual on the display ?

You can set the distance in yards, anything up to 9999. When you get within the specified distance, you get the audible alarm, plus a camera icon on the screen. As you get nearer, the (decreasing) distance of the camera flashes on the screen.

You can also specify whether it should only warm you if the camera is on your route. In my experience, you can miss a few this way, and it is safer to tell it to warn you anyway - even if this results in a few false alarms.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

rkm_hm wrote:
You can also specify whether it should only warn you if the camera is on your route. In my experience, you can miss a few this way, and it is safer to tell it to warn you anyway - even if this results in a few false alarms.

I don’t have a TTGO, nor any other TT product with the “common engine” so I use third party add-ons for my POI Detection. I do like the idea of the option of only being warned of cameras on your route, but as rkm_hm rightly points out, if the camera is slightly away from the road or it’s on the wrong side of the carriageway then you may not get a warning.

This is a plea to all users of the PocketGPSWorld camera databases, and not just TTGO users: Please report any new cameras and camera inaccuracies to Richard (Oldie) who is our Camera Database Administrator at the following email address:

Cameras [at] PocketGPSWorld [dot] com

If everybody who uses the PGPSW camera databases ensured that all of the cameras that they pass are correct (i.e. accurate location and recorded speed limit) on the databases and that they inform us of cameras that aren’t on the database, or which have incorrect details, then we would all benefit from an accurate database that would complete with the commercial databases. Best of all the, PGPSW camera databases are free.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
bestyman
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
To follow on from Roberts point, you may have noticed that a lot of the camera POIs have an @30 or @40 etc sign after them.
On another thread I read that the idea was to eventually put the cameras into groups such as 30mph, 40 mph etc perhaps with different icons so as well as been aware of the camera we are also reminded the correct speed. I have browsed the cameras that I am familar with and emailed in the correct speed. The email would simply be

GATSO 4304 @40 Easterly road, leeds.

I also added in my email that this one was on both sides of the road .
For those who dont know how to view them do this.
1.Go to BROWSE MAP
2.bottom left is a MAGNIFYING GLASS then find HOME
3.then at bottom is a BLUE CROSS, hit this.
then FIND NEARBY POI
4. then POCKET GPS UK GATSO ( if thats the type of cam it is )
5. The nearest one to your home will be shown at the top, touch this and a map of the cam/area will be shown.
6. If you recognise it and know the speed limit then email it in . Repeat for other cams.

On another point, if you know where a safety cam is and it is not listed at all the easiest(most reliable) way to add it is to park next to it and add it as a POI through the PREFERENCES>MAINTAIN POI menu. Then email in the details.

I really appreaciate the hard work done on this site by the mods etc. Big thanks and happy new year.

Mark
jj007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all, firstly happy new year to everyone.
as a newbie to this site and a new owner of the TTGo i have a quick question:
i have loaded the 3 files GATSO,REDLIGHT and CONTINENTAL and tested and they work fine, but how about the other 3 SPECS,MOBILE and TEMP. or does it only work on fixed cameras that have been updated to the database
thanks
jim
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will work on them all. You will of course need to set the warnings up for each POI category. This gives you the opportunity to set different sounds for the differten camera types.
jj007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks MikeB for the quick response
time to press a few more buttons

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: