Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CF card unrecognized
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CF card unrecognized

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakefh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: CF card unrecognized Reply with quote

This forum is my last shot Confused

I have a 2210. Up until today my sandisk 4gb CF card has worked fine. Now i get an 'unrecognised - enter device driver name' dialogue. The card works fine in my reader and my camera. There are no pins broken/bent on the PDA and other CF cards get the same error. I've done a soft and hard reset, and reformatted the card, all to no avail.

I have an SD card which is fine.

I've searched the internet and it's a problem that's happened to a few people, but as yet i cannot find a solution.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got a 2210, so all I can do is offer a couple of pieces of generic advice.

Firstly, remove the iPAQ's main battery for five seconds and reinsert it. If that doesn't help, hard reset again, and check you're on the latest ROM. If you're not on the latest ROM, download and install the latest ROM from the HP web site (make sure you follow the instructions carefully).

If none of that helps, your only option is to contact HP. It may be your iPAQ needs warranty service, though why is something of a mystery.

David
jakefh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I tried all the suggestions, new ROM from HP site, took battery out.

First time I did it no joy. Then i did a hard reset and it worked...............half hour later it didn't again.

It's been a similar pattern since. Works, then stops (it's been working the last two days Confused )

Phoned HP technical, couldn't give me anymore advice than the usual hard/soft reset, ROM, reformat. Checked my warranty, over a year old so they are going to ring me with a quote of how much to fix.

Question is, if they don't know how to fix it when i ring, ie "oh it needs to come in for repair." i'm curious as to what will happen.

Anyway i will wait until they tell me how much, and at least if it keeps doing it after they've had it, I'll be able to moan from a better position. I'll post again once they call.
jakefh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they didn't call, so I called them.

Set price for Ipaq repair regardless of problem is £171 + VAT.

Well that's the cost of a new 2210! :x Madness.

PS. Still the same problem, sometimes the card works fine, other times it freezes the ipaq. Crying or Very sad
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it just hang without doing anything, or are you running a particular piece of software at the time when it hangs ?

e.g. TomTom Navigator.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: